OT: Matt Stafford on COVID List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Is Matty P trying to out-tank BB?

Players are going to test positive. There's no way around it. The more players test positive, the media will push for cancellation - which they'll eventually get.

Players are going to test positive. There's no way around it. The more players test positive, the media will push for cancellation - which they'll eventually get.
Plenty of media members want a season, just look how many media members spend most if not all of their time covering NFL.

The real challenge would be a player's revolt. The MLB Marlins got suspended right after players voted to refuse to travel to MIA.

This will be a difficult situation for all the leagues.

I'm a bit confused...do they kneel before games when the Canadian National Anthem is played? So many things to worry about these days. What happened to "What a crapfest week of work!Can't wait to just sit down in front of the tube, veg out and watch the sports I love.." I mean, think about it...TODAY'S sports are like a cross between "The Sky Is Falling!!" and "Groundhog Day"....a seemingly never ending loop of angst and dire predictions. It's sucking the life out of life IMO.

Let’s hope M. Stafford makes a speedy recovery. I think his wife already had a serious health issue (complications during brain surgery).
Yea hopefully his wife is ok. This is the big thing people were afraid of from jump. People that already have issues. People that have issues that don't know it. They've been through a lot. Hoping for the best.

Also I'd take Stafford in a second on a reworked deal. Awful defenses, OL, no running game, coaching ... You name it and it's happened.

It's Detroit for crying out loud. Their two biggest and best players said peace in their primes. Didn't make a stink and try to get traded. Just dealt with Detroit and said nope I'm done.

Idk I think some in here want Brady. To win every SB and that's it. Everyone else just sucks. Manning is a choker. Brees is a stat chaser. Cam sucks. Idk Idk

Also I'd take Stafford in a second on a reworked deal. Awful defenses, OL, no running game, coaching ... You name it and it's happened.

It's Detroit for crying out loud. Their two biggest and best players said peace in their primes. Didn't make a stink and try to get traded. Just dealt with Detroit and said nope I'm done.

Idk I think some in here want Brady. To win every SB and that's it. Everyone else just sucks. Manning is a choker. Brees is a stat chaser. Cam sucks. Idk Idk
Sign me up for Stafford if the price is a little more reasonable.

Sign me up for Stafford if the price is a little more reasonable.
26.6 aav of the remaining years on his deal, plus a void year, thats a pretty reasonable contract to manage, considering the Pats are in pretty good cap shape for next year, depending on the overall size of the pending cap reduction...

And now another starting QB, Gardner Minshew, is on the COVID-19 list, sigh...

These Covid announcements are going to get a lot more press come, say, September 1.

After Doug Peterson, I wonder how many other coaches will test positive.

I’m opting out of fantasy football. It was bad enough worrying about players getting injured, not gonna deal with losing players to covid.

Is Matty P trying to out-tank BB?

I'm shocked, given his wife's health issues, that Stafford did not opt out before this.

I'm shocked, given his wife's health issues, that Stafford did not opt out before this.

Good news for you....Kelly is back to 100%, firing on all cylinders.

Good news for you....Kelly is back to 100%, firing on all cylinders.
Glad to hear that, but I still would not take the chance given her prior medical issues.

Just to be clear, he's not opting out, he's on the injured-reserve (IR) list due to COVID-19. This covers players who have tested positive or those who have been exposed to those who tested positive.

Just to be clear, he's not opting out, he's on the injured-reserve (IR) list due to COVID-19. This covers players who have tested positive or those who have been exposed to those who tested positive.
Thanks - sorry I was unclear. I realize he has not opted out. What I meant was, I am surprised that he hasn't opted out because of his wife's health issues, and now he has a positive test, which can't be good news for his family, particularly his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News