PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Matt Stafford on COVID List

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant was, I am surprised that he hasn't opted out because of his wife's health issues, and now he has a positive test, which can't be good news for his family, particularly his wife.

There are no health issues with his wife.

There is however almost $50 million of compensation hanging in the balance over the next 3-years.

Last edited:
Matthew Stafford's wife weighs in.... it's actually quite a reality check to see the fear and panic some people are promoting, and the results thereof:

Matthew Stafford’s wife rips NFL over false positive test

“I have been losing my mind because of how my Family has been treated since my husband was put on COVID-IR. Even after we knew it was false positive, our school told us they were not allowed back, I was approached in a grocery store and told I was “endangering others,” my kids were harassed and kicked off a playground, I was told I needed to wait in my car when trying to pick up food, and people closest to us had to get tested just so they could go back to work. And that’s just to name a few things.

Thanks - sorry I was unclear. I realize he has not opted out. What I meant was, I am surprised that he hasn't opted out because of his wife's health issues, and now he has a positive test, which can't be good news for his family, particularly his wife.

Any additional thoughts on the topic?

Very likely hundreds of thousands of "false positives" across the country... y'all have been played folks

Probably not as many as you think. Given that there were shortages of tests for months. Tests were basically reserved for cases where COVID-19 is already suspected.

NFL is a completely different case. Since they are testing everyone repeatedly when no COVID-19 is suspected.

I wonder what the false positive rate is. 53x16 = 1696. Add in the practice squad players and coaches and you have to be over 2000. If the false positive rate is even 1/1000 then you would be getting 2 false positives a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST