PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Martellus Bennett blasts JG

We don't like dudes like him around here. They need to ball and stfu. Except for this year where everyone is blabbing and it's perfectly fine.
@dreighver my post was a sarcastic snark about the below posts. If you find them to be positive, so be it. I wasn't taking a shot at Belichick at all but rather the patsfans that think that Patriots players have to be robots (not celebrate on the field, not express their thoughts, etc.). I like my players to be real people with personality and character.

I never said it was "disturbing" that players were being outspoken, I said:

"Another thing, have we ever heard so much commentary coming from these players in the last 20 years? It's baffling how much things have changed."

That's hardly a controversial or negative post.

Regarding the quotes in your post, did you make those up because I never said any of that.

Take care little buddy.

Overly simplistic and misplaced. Bennett was/is a SJW with well-documented anger issues -- never a good combination in the ultimate team sport where, like it or not, a certain degree of conformity is required to succeed. He was a very talented square peg trying to make everywhere he went a round hole, which is part of why he bounced around between five different teams. BB was able to accommodate him for a while here and Marty bought in to perhaps the best results of his career, but it didn't last long. (I seem to recall an altercation he had with an assistant coach here, couldn't find a reference.)

I get how some found him "real," refreshing and entertaining. Yes, Bennett was a different cat who often shared thought-provoking observations alongside reactionary weirdness, but his outspokenness in itself never was the issue. Plenty of players have been outspoken short of acting out to the detriment of their teams, the latter being where Marty had some struggles. Front and center amongst his causes was racism, where he's been seen as both courageous crusader and imprudently provocative. And whatever truth there might be in his criticisms of QBs he played with (Jimmy G. isn't the only one he's disparaged), you wonder what the point is of stirring that pot beyond calling attention to himself.

Last edited:
IR? He would be dead
Fixed it.
Nick FolkKWed, Oct 20KneeLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Davon GodchauxNTWed, Oct 20FingerDid Not Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Josh UcheLBWed, Oct 20ShoulderLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Brandon KingLBWed, Oct 20ThighLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Brandon BoldenRBWed, Oct 20ThighLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Adrian PhillipsSSWed, Oct 20BackLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Kyle DuggerDBWed, Oct 20KneeLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Deatrich WiseDEWed, Oct 20KneeQuestionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Jalen MillsCBWed, Oct 20HamstringLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Kyle Van NoyMLBWed, Oct 20GroinLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets
Jimmy GarappoloQBWed, Oct 20DeadDid Not Practice on Friday. Ruled OUT for Week 7 vs. N.Y. Jets

Overly simplistic and misplaced. Bennett was/is a SJW with well-documented anger issues -- never a good combination in the ultimate team sport where, like it or not, a certain degree of conformity is required to succeed. He was a very talented square peg trying to make everywhere he went a round hole, which is part of why he bounced around between five different teams. BB was able to accommodate him for a while here and Marty bought in to perhaps the best results of his career, but it didn't last long. (I seem to recall an altercation he had with an assistant coach here, couldn't find a reference.)

I get how some found him "real," refreshing and entertaining. Yes, Bennett was a different cat who often shared thought-provoking observations alongside reactionary weirdness, but his outspokenness in itself never was the issue. Plenty of players have been outspoken short of acting out to the detriment of their teams, the latter being where Marty had some struggles. Front and center amongst his causes was racism, where he's been seen as both courageous crusader and imprudently provocative. And whatever truth there might be in his criticisms of QBs he played with (Jimmy G. isn't the only one he's disparaged), you wonder what the point is of stirring that pot beyond calling attention to himself.
I liked him in NE but honestly didnt follow his career prior. Was he not a good teammate elsewhere?

Yes, it was his brother Michael was the one who said he was "profiled" by the LVPD....

(in my best Warner Wolf voice) let's go to the video tape...

A Look at Michael Bennett, The Las Vegas Incident, and Perceived Character Issues - Crossing Broad

Bottom line, the cops were called because a report of an active shooter, he was instructed to get down, he ran instead, they chased and detained him, and eventually let him go, even though he didn't have any ID on him (I believe the cops actually googled him to confirm his identity). Right after it happened he put out a BLM BS piece about being profiled and having a gun put to his head and the cops threatening to blow his head off, see for yourself what really happened...

If the US is so racist, how come almost all of these racist arrests, turn out to be either lies or haoxes?
Wow. First of all yes of course there are some exaggerated or outright lies regarding racist charges. Almost all of them though??. My personal observation over the past 8 years working on fairly diverse job is that there is more racism than I thought. Good people are stereotyped and labeled a little too often. Sometimes its subtle sometimes not so much. For example an entire race is defined by the actions of a very few. Whenever an African American is late for an assignment ive heard comments like. "Why do black people think they dont have to be on time?" When white people are late its just "why does Joe or Jane get to be late?", not why do white people get to be late. That's just one example

Brothers all look alike.

This is true. One of my friends is circumcised and the other isn't. That way they can tell each other apart in the dark.

This is true. One of my friends is circumcised and the other isn't. That way they can tell each other apart in the dark.
happy pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I was surprised when JG pulled himself out because of a calf bruise and still isn't playing because of it. I don't know much about "bruise" injuries, but I assume playing through them is a matter of pain rather than potential further injury?

Martellus Bennett is the most obnoxious blowhard ever to wear a Pats' uniform. Glad he's gone. Wish he'd shut the f up.

Told you guys that Jimmy was a Nancy Boy.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back