PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lowest completion % in the NFL belongs to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mark "The Second Coming" Sanchez

Have can you have the lowest completion percentage in the NFL when you have two pro-bowl caliber wide outs, a stellar tight end, a veteran future HOF third down back, and arguable the best offensive line in the league? Oh, did I mention that your offensive coordinator is notorious for a low-risk, short, safe passing attack?

53%

I'm REALLY glad the Jets didn't get Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford. That would be a scary team.

Have can you have the lowest completion percentage in the NFL when you have two pro-bowl caliber wide outs, a stellar tight end, a veteran future HOF third down back, and arguable the best offensive line in the league? Oh, did I mention that your offensive coordinator is notorious for a low-risk, short, safe passing attack?

53%

I'm REALLY glad the Jets didn't get Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford. That would be a scary team.

As bad as he was yesterday he has still shown a lot of improvement from last season.

53%

who are the two pro caliber WRs? I assume Holmes is one of them. I hope you dont mean Braylon Edwards. That guy is as overrated as they come. He had 1 good year and nothing else.

The Jets WR did have alot of drops Sunday. Coincidentally, so did the Packers DB's. They should of had about 3 extra picks.

who are the two pro caliber WRs? I assume Holmes is one of them. I hope you dont mean Braylon Edwards. That guy is as overrated as they come. He had 1 good year and nothing else.

The Jets WR did have alot of drops Sunday. Coincidentally, so did the Packers DB's. They should of had about 3 extra picks.

yea, well in the game i saw week 2, braylon looked more like an HOF reciever

Sanchez will be at least a serviceable QB. He's no Chad Pennington though :D.

As bad as he was yesterday he has still shown a lot of improvement from last season.

He had a good game against the Pats (although not as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick to put things in perspective) and has a ridiculously skewed TD:INT ratio. Typically a guy with that type of inaccuracy will throw more INTs than TDs, so you have some luck there that will get straightened out by the NFL gods, and if you saw yesterday's game, you'll see it already is.

I don't see the improvement that everyone is talking about. I see a guy who is always tied or not trailing by more than three points simply because of a dominant defense, and I see a guy who is well-protected and has a great running game. The situation reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger in 2004-05, except in that situation, BR really was good.

Completion % down from last year. Yards/attempt down from last year. I thought this was supposed to be a dream team with the wonder kid leading the way. Put a 53% dud on most teams and you'd see some 1-6 records.

Last edited:

He was slightly better than JaMarcus Russell last year. He had to improve. He's gone from being 200+ pounds of dog crap to being 200+ pounds of mostly dog crap. His numbers are also getting an artificial boost because of the significant increase in passes to the running backs now that Thomlinson is there (Thomlinson accounts for 24 of his 116 completions.). He's still got pretty much all the same problems he had last year, even with the addition of Holmes and LdT.

53%

You forgot to mention that he also got to play one of seven games against the worst secondary in the league.

But he does have a career waiting for him when he hangs up the green cleats...starring in a western series...The Return Of Zero Zorro!

49087-main.jpg

First five games: 8 TDs, 0 INTs
Last two: 1 TD, 4 INTs

:singing:

yea, well in the game i saw week 2, braylon looked more like an HOF reciever
You need to watch some HOF WRs then to learn what that is.

He had a good game against the Pats (although not as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick to put things in perspective) and has a ridiculously skewed TD:INT ratio. Typically a guy with that type of inaccuracy will throw more INTs than TDs, so you have some luck there that will get straightened out by the NFL gods, and if you saw yesterday's game, you'll see it already is.

I don't see the improvement that everyone is talking about. I see a guy who is always tied or not trailing by more than three points simply because of a dominant defense, and I see a guy who is well-protected and has a great running game. The situation reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger in 2004-05, except in that situation, BR really was good.

Completion % down from last year. Yards/attempt down from last year. I thought this was supposed to be a dream team with the wonder kid leading the way. Put a 53% dud on most teams and you'd see some 1-6 records.

Regardless of your opinion that the defense and running game make that team successul the fact remains however skewed that he has QB'd the team to a 5-2 record. 9td's and 4 ints is pretty good. Sure his completion percentage needs improvement but he is still not that bad for a second year QB. He plays within the system of which he has been placed and that's all he can do. Sure there a lot of better QB's out there that I'd rather have but really all I claimed is that he has made improvement from last season. Personally I think he will be an ok QB as he gets more experience. And yes I do still hate the Jets.

Hate to admit it but The Sanchize has exceeded my expectations so far this season. Pre-season he was awfull. THought he'd regressed but not so. Somehow pre-season was not indicative of his 2010 capabilities, q.v. Matt Cassell pre-season 2008 vs regular season 2008.

That said, his last 2 games have been sub-par. Lotsa pics, few TDs. A return to statistical norms, an anomaly, the result of 2010 DC film study or a trend?

The Jets will be a playoff team whenever we like it or not.I wish we had their defense.They got two good cover corners.They can cover man to man.

Regardless of your opinion that the defense and running game make that team successul the fact remains however skewed that he has QB'd the team to a 5-2 record. 9td's and 4 ints is pretty good. Sure his completion percentage needs improvement but he is still not that bad for a second year QB. He plays within the system of which he has been placed and that's all he can do. Sure there a lot of better QB's out there that I'd rather have but really all I claimed is that he has made improvement from last season. Personally I think he will be an ok QB as he gets more experience. And yes I do still hate the Jets.
I think thats the point though, where is the improvement?
His team is 27th in passing yards, 32nd in completion %.

The last 3 weeks he is
54-112 UNDER 50%
with 1 TD ande 4 Ints

The only improvement you can note really is Ints but they went in bunches last year, and he has thrown 4 in the last 3 weeks, so its hard to really say that until we see whether he still has those 3,4 and 5 int games in him.
Other than being on a team that has a good running game and pretty strong defense (the 2010 Jet D is definitely not as good as the 2009 one) that makes the team 5-2 despite him, I'm not sure what there is to see good in this guy.

I think thats the point though, where is the improvement?
His team is 27th in passing yards, 32nd in completion %.

The last 3 weeks he is
54-112 UNDER 50%
with 1 TD ande 4 Ints

The only improvement you can note really is Ints but they went in bunches last year, and he has thrown 4 in the last 3 weeks, so its hard to really say that until we see whether he still has those 3,4 and 5 int games in him.
Other than being on a team that has a good running game and pretty strong defense (the 2010 Jet D is definitely not as good as the 2009 one) that makes the team 5-2 despite him, I'm not sure what there is to see good in this guy.

You fail to make a valid argument. {very hard headed} You choose to only view the last 3 games but not his whole season in general. He did start off with an 8 td to 0 int ratio whether you refuse to believe it or not. Anyway I've spent too much time discussing a Jets player here.

The Jets will be a playoff team whenever we like it or not.I wish we had their defense.They got two good cover corners.They can cover man to man.
Are you sure about that?
They are tied, and behind the tie breaker to Baltimore, and just a game ahead of Tenn, Miami, and the loser of tonights game for the wild card.
It very reasonable that 10-6 wont be good enough for a wild card, especially without tiebreakers.
If not for one very stupid dpi a week ago and the 2 gifts at the end of last season, the Jets are a 11-10 team under Ryan.
Why would it be a lock that they can go better than 5-4 the rest of the way? Especially with road games against the 2 best teams in the AFC still to go.
Lets not annoint them to be more than they have ever accomplished just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick