PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Looking for suggestions for our trip to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a Duck Boat tour. I've done a few and they are always fun and a great way to a feel of the city. The North End is a fun place to find some place to eat.

Boston is very walkable. I would recommend starting at the beginning of Newbury Street (at the intersection of Mass Ave), walking the length of Newbury Street, walk through the Gardens and Common and head down to Haymarket. From there it's a short walk up the Greenway to the North End. This will take you past many historic sites and the Freedom Trail.

Also, the commuter rail at South Station heads to Gillette and back on Sundays if you didn't know and weren't interested in tailgating.

I was just thinking the same- I would suggest that after the Common, veer left and go up through Beacon Hill (check out Acorn st) on the way down to Quincy Market (a bit tricky) then from Quincy Market, hook a left and work your way to the North End and if there's time, the Charlestown Navy Yard is a walk over the bridge away, to the North.

This article lists NYC as the number 1 city and Boston as number 9. Thanks for providing evidence to prove my point.

I'm leery of any site that ranks Vegas in the top 10. It's a very superficial city that has nothing to offer other than relentlessly triggering your dopamine. After 1-2 days you're just doing the same thing over and over again.

NYC- a city I like to visit and have done so many times, but would never want to live there. It's a giant melting pot that doesn't really have a coherent identity, and it's definitely not a walking city. Most of the interesting things there such as the MET, the other museums are clustered around Central Park. Everything else is scattered out towards the south end of Manhattan. I do like the Hell's Kitchen area- it's got an interesting vibe.

I disagree but to each his own I guess.

I've lived in and have traveled to numerous places ranging from Zaragoza to Taipei and from NY to Los Angeles. For a few years I lived in Bergen county NJ and would go to NY about once a month or so. While there's lots to do and see in NY it comes with a price. NY is a stressful city with a half a million people walking around everywhere all the time. Standing in lines, ordering food, waiting an hour or two to cross the GW bridge etc etc.. blah.

Boston is much less stressful and has plenty to offer. Good food, street entertainment, historical sites, theater, etc etc...

And although you're correct that NY is one of the most popular cities globally people I've dealt with overseas knew about Boston. In fact people would say , " So you're from Boston?". Haha. " No , I'm from Massachusetts and have never lived in Boston ".

So yes people overseas and nationally choose to visit NY over Boston but they are the same people who choose to see the bearded lady at the county fair.

And who in the hell would eat that disgusting slop new yorkers call chowder??

So yeah, you can keep NY, the stress and that sh!t chowder and I'll keep the much cleaner, less stressful Boston and it's homemade clam chowdah.

Our daughter-in-law is from Beijing and when my son first took her to NYC her reaction was to leave earlier than planned and never go back. "Too many crazies."

As for the North End, we've been regulars there since I retired in 2008. The best restaurant that we go to is Artu on 6 Prince St. It's not on Hanover St so it's less crowded, but the food is top shelf. Most everyone I talk to there either works or lives in the North End. They ought to know.

I didn't think Uber was that expensive considering the T for 5 people. It was almost even taking the Uber from downtown out to Roxbury Crossing area. And a lot less walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back