PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Looking for suggestions for our trip to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So a few of us will be in Boston for the season opener against the Texans, and we're going to catch the Saturday game between the Astros and Red Sox as well. We'll be getting into town the Wednesday before, so we have a few days to check out some sites. We're curious about the places we need to see while in town, and also restaurants that y'all would recommend. It's three guys going so it doesn't have to be family entertainment. Two of us had fathers in the Navy so anything military related is always a plus. Thanks in advance.

USS Constitution is a lovely tour. As a former Navy guy, I'm partial to her anyways. :)

You could also take in the Bunker Hill monument.

Lots of good diners and other spots. The best way to find a great Diner is to step outside your hotel, and ask any of the cops you might see.

If you get a chance take a Boston Freedom trail tour. They are quite good.

The Freedom Trail Foundation - Book a Tour

And if you get a chance have a nice cold Sam Adams at the Beantown pub. Which is directly across the street from Sam Adams grave. So it's the only place you can see a cold Sam Adams and drink a cold Sam Adams at the same time. :D

Since 2 of you had Navy Dads it might be worth making the trek to Battleship Cove.

A visit to Lexington (Green) and Concord (North Bridge), with a walk or bike ride down the Battle Road. They are low-key but thoroughly enjoyable places, and lest we forget (as fans of the Patriots), the sites of (arguably) the first battles in the first ever revolution in the world that established a true democratic republic.

I would take a Duck Boat tour. I've done a few and they are always fun and a great way to a feel of the city. The North End is a fun place to find some place to eat.

Boston is very walkable. I would recommend starting at the beginning of Newbury Street (at the intersection of Mass Ave), walking the length of Newbury Street, walk through the Gardens and Common and head down to Haymarket. From there it's a short walk up the Greenway to the North End. This will take you past many historic sites and the Freedom Trail.

Also, the commuter rail at South Station heads to Gillette and back on Sundays if you didn't know and weren't interested in tailgating.

I would take a Duck Boat tour. I've done a few and they are always fun and a great way to a feel of the city. The North End is a fun place to find some place to eat.

Boston is very walkable. I would recommend starting at the beginning of Newbury Street (at the intersection of Mass Ave), walking the length of Newbury Street, walk through the Gardens and Common and head down to Haymarket. From there it's a short walk up the Greenway to the North End. This will take you past many historic sites and the Freedom Trail.

Also, the commuter rail at South Station heads to Gillette and back on Sundays if you didn't know and weren't interested in tailgating.

Great food along the way as well.

Lucky. I would love to do a Boston trip like this.

Lucky. I would love to do a Boston trip like this.

It's a great city. I've never felt overcrowded or bustled when walking around there. Have spent many days there with the kids and have always had a great time. During the summer some of the restaurants around the theatre section (I believe it's there) have street entertainers to enjoy while eating at one of there outside tables.

Definitely on my list. I want the full experience and would love to do all of the tourist stuff.

Some excellent recommendations. +1 for the USS Constitution and the Newbury Street walking route.

Personal favourites are the Museum of Science and the MIT Museum. Legal Seafoods is maybe a bit oversold, but they do a good chowder (you are planning to eat chowder, aren't you?)

Cisco Brewery
Nantucket MA

I would take the fast ferry over and back, pick up the shuttle in town. If you like historic, walk downtown for a little and venture off into the neighborhoods along the cobble stone streets. Some of the eccentric billionaires drive some cool/weird cars. Stop at Stubbys for some grub on the way off island to sober up. The Bean is a good spot in town for coffee. AirBnB will get you a place to stay overnight. I like staying by Nobadeer beach and the airport, sometimes the waitstaff throw bonfire ragers on the beach late at night, always a good time, just walk up to the fire and say hello. The airport has the best cheap breakfast in town, Island Kitchen is another top notch breakfast spot. Town/Tree Bar for lunch.

If you don’t drink, rent some scooters and get lost on the island, that’s the best way to explore it.

Either way, it’s a pretty unique place. Enjoy.

if you go to the USS Constitution, enjoy a beverage and a snack by walking over to Pier 6

prior to sox game, give yourself some time to wander around the establishments in the the area of fenway park.......if you want something nicer, there's B&G oyster or Eastern Standard, otherwise there is a ton of places around fenway

either way, get your fill of seafood.....in particular lobster rolls along with some beers

harpoon brewery taproom is good for a few on the waterfron

or you could just step onto the sidewalk and wander around the city and look at stuff and get drinks at aimless places until it's time to get horizontal also works......

hangover helper at bukowski tavern (prudential area) is a damned good burger

I enjoyed a sam adams brewery tour. Next time I would go for trillium. They also offer tours and make one of the best IPAs I ever had. Trillium beer garden is a nice place to be in the evening.

Cisco Brewery
Nantucket MA

I would take the fast ferry over and back, pick up the shuttle in town. If you like historic, walk downtown for a little and venture off into the neighborhoods along the cobble stone streets. Some of the eccentric billionaires drive some cool/weird cars. Stop at Stubbys for some grub on the way off island to sober up. The Bean is a good spot in town for coffee. AirBnB will get you a place to stay overnight. I like staying by Nobadeer beach and the airport, sometimes the waitstaff throw bonfire ragers on the beach late at night, always a good time, just walk up to the fire and say hello. The airport has the best cheap breakfast in town, Island Kitchen is another top notch breakfast spot. Town/Tree Bar for lunch.

If you don’t drink, rent some scooters and get lost on the island, that’s the best way to explore it.

Either way, it’s a pretty unique place. Enjoy.
Can't think of a better place to spend a day on a Massachusetts island. I prefer winter trips there but that's because I like cold, desolate places and fireside alcohol and chats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes