PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT kind of : Goodell has done irreparable harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So I’ve been to two different get together last 2 weeks (I live in NJ) and whenever football comes up and they find out I’m a Pat fan - instead of discussing football and where Brady will go next - it’s all about cheating, how we are such a low class organization for so many cheating scandals, why don’t we stop, why do we like video taping opponents, etc and how Brady will be remembered with the likes of Mcgwire, Sosa, Lance Armstrong. I put up fact based arguments and become quite passionate in my defense and they have no response to that but keep on saying - Pats were caught and punished multiple times for cheating. And they totally believe themselves and wonder why I support such a cheating organization. I’m so sick of it. When I tell them that I tell my kids to have Brady as a role model - they truly can’t believe it and question why I would do that. So sick of all this crap. With all the joy of winning - comes all this nonsense thanks to Roger Friggin Goodell. I’m just left defending defending defending. It gets so tiring. Wish there was a quick and easy way to shut their arguments. Getting sick of this. Brady doesn’t deserve this. He is an all time legend - bigger than Jordan, Gretzky, Ruth....but all non Pat fans and even neutrals who don’t even like football equate Brady/Pats with cheating. I would trade 2 SB wins for this unfair label of cheating.

Why interact with these people?

It’s pretty much everyone that’s not family and not Pats fans. My brother lives in the DC area and likes Redskins and the Pats. He went to pick his son from school the other day and was talking with another parent who is a Dolphin fan. He told the guy that Brady is rumored that he could goto the Dolphins. The guy said if Brady comes to the Pats, he will start his cheating stuff. At another bar in DC - the bartender was wearing a Pats cap and all the customers were giving him a hard time about Pats and cheating and were telling him they would rather lose than win with cheating. Poor guy was trying to explain but they were ignorant doofuses.
Even my friend’s wife - who doesn’t even follow football - said she despises Brady because he cheated on Bridget Moynihan and cheated at football. Ofcourse when I try to explain - they don’t want to hear it - they come back to “NFL found out they cheated and suspended Brady”. It’s exhausting. Wish the debate was about football and not this stupid crap.

So I’ve been to two different get together last 2 weeks (I live in NJ) and whenever football comes up and they find out I’m a Pat fan - instead of discussing football and where Brady will go next - it’s all about cheating, how we are such a low class organization for so many cheating scandals, why don’t we stop, why do we like video taping opponents, etc and how Brady will be remembered with the likes of Mcgwire, Sosa, Lance Armstrong. I put up fact based arguments and become quite passionate in my defense and they have no response to that but keep on saying - Pats were caught and punished multiple times for cheating. And they totally believe themselves and wonder why I support such a cheating organization. I’m so sick of it. When I tell them that I tell my kids to have Brady as a role model - they truly can’t believe it and question why I would do that. So sick of all this crap. With all the joy of winning - comes all this nonsense thanks to Roger Friggin Goodell. I’m just left defending defending defending. It gets so tiring. Wish there was a quick and easy way to shut their arguments. Getting sick of this. Brady doesn’t deserve this. He is an all time legend - bigger than Jordan, Gretzky, Ruth....but all non Pat fans and even neutrals who don’t even like football equate Brady/Pats with cheating. I would trade 2 SB wins for this unfair label of cheating.
You could have stopped at "(I live in NJ)" and we all would have understood.

Yeah, the Patriots kind of deserve to take some shells for this latest scandal. That was either the result of actual cheating or pure stupidity and ineptitude. Take your pick. I would assume the latter. The team deserves whatever shade other fans and the media want to throw at them for this one.

But yes, your core premise is correct. Goodell sucks a bag of ‘em. His handlers, the owners, all do as well.

and how Brady will be remembered with the likes of Mcgwire, Sosa, Lance Armstrong.

If that's the case, ask them why Brady and Bill will be first ballot HOFers...most likely unanimously unless some prick voter decides to vote against them. Those other guys aren't in the HOF in their respective sports because their cheating is considered way worse than spygate or deflategate. I post on the Broncos board and they say the same exact crap. Privately, I think they feel differently but are saying all that stuff in public just to knock you down.

If that's the case, ask them why Brady and Bill will be first ballot HOFers...most likely unanimously unless some prick voter decides to vote against them. Those other guys aren't in the HOF in their respective sports because their cheating is considered way worse than spygate or deflategate. I post on the Broncos board and they say the same exact crap. Privately, I think they feel differently but are saying all that stuff in public just to knock you down.
I agree. Have used that argument as well with them as I feel that’s the best one. For me - the worst was Deflategate because that targeted Brady. It was a hit job with no merit and Goodell couldn’t take the fact that a neutral court vacated the sentence. He could have let it go but didn’t. Damn appeals court.

Man I envy you. I love running into low life scientifically illiterate snapper heads. Unfortunately there's not many left. Most people I run into outside of NE nowadays just say " yeah ... Brady is just great" or something along those lines.

So now that those confrontations have dwindled I've resorted to political outrage.

Do yourself a favor. Just laugh off any talk and it stops. Most ppl are just trying to get a rise out of you.

Simply laugh and say well we should have cheated harder this year. When you take away the joke the talk stops.

****-em, who gives a rat's azz, dont waste your time.

Even my friend’s wife - who doesn’t even follow football - said she despises Brady because he cheated on Bridget Moynihan and cheated at football.
Your friend's wife is an imbecile and you can tell him I said so. Brady did not cheat on Moynihan or at football. If ANYONE cheated it was Moynihan, who tricked Tom into knocking her up once their relationship headed south.

Do yourself a favor. Just laugh off any talk and it stops. Most ppl are just trying to get a rise out of you.

Simply laugh and say well we should have cheated harder this year. When you take away the joke the talk stops.
That is very true. I think I will do that next time.

I don't run into many of those fans anymore really. Pretty much after SB51, I stopped finding them, and that was even living in Maryland at the time.

LOL....I remember after our first SB win...I was all like, "Why can't anyone give the Pats credit for winning the SB?"....

Now I am all like, "They will never EVER acknowledge that the Pats are really good...no matter what...."

I don't run into many of those fans anymore really. Pretty much after SB51, I stopped finding them, and that was even living in Maryland at the time.
You know that was the case lately...until this last dumb video taping crap happened. Kind of reminded them.

just wait until someone kidnaps Goodell after he retires, takes him to an abandoned warehouse and goes to work on him with a blowtorch and a pair of vise grips....:mad:

Says the guy most likely to do it from Pats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes