PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Juventus vs Real Madrid Champions league final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I can't have a Bayern fan moaning about refereeing....

Looking forwards to the game and it will be hugely interesting to watch unfold.

Zidane has managed to show himself off as quite the strategist so far and Madrid look very controlled and assured under him. No gung ho stuff, instead it's measured, controlled, incisive. And they are lethal on the counter.

But then they're up against a team who are as good defensively as I've seen since the great Milan team of the early 90's. Juve are magnificent when it comes to shape, solidity and co-ordination.

The game for me, will be won and lost on how well Juve can keep the ball and threaten the Madrid backline. Surely if they can hold a certain Barcelona trio scoreless, then keeping out Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale should be extremely doable, right?

Nope.

It was a pretty simple move but no-one picked up Ronaldo. And he just doesn't miss.

1-0 Real Madrid.

Terrific first half. A much more open game than anyone expected, I'd say. Juve looked great right up until Madrid scored. They'd had no worries at all and might have scored twice. Then a simple move pulls them apart and Ronaldo scores with a measured finish.

Deserved equaliser though for the Bianconeri, although from a much more difficult opportunity than the previous two chances! Superb technique from Mandzukic to swivel and then get enough on the ball to get it over what is a very athletic goalkeeper.

More of the same please.

I missed who the culprit was for Ronaldo's goal - Chiellini, unblievably. He won't commit that mistake again.

The referee is garbage.

Second half beginning to warm up nicely, Madrid much better since half time, they're finding more space and the play is quicker, more intense.

2-1 Madrid!

Huge deflection on Casemiro's shot takes the ball into the corner beyond Buffon's reach.

Modric is playing great.

3-1! Ronaldo with his second!

Juve utterly static at the back. Crazy.

Bonucci has to be awake to Ronaldo's movement, has to, Chiellini was there to cut out the short ball, Barzagli was at the back post. Very very poor.

Isco is a proper, proper player. He's been outstanding.

I thought juve slightly outplayed Real in the first half but it's been a totally different second half. That deflected goal was heart breaking, but Real created there own luck with that

1-4, Ascensio with a tap in after superb work by Marcelo.

Gutted for Buffon, but Madrid have been breath-taking.

Just to mention, in 12 games this season in the competition, Juve had conceded just three goals.

Madrid have scored four in 90 minutes

Sublime.

Full time.

Just to mention, in 12 games this season in the competition, Juve had conceded just three goals.

Madrid have scored four in 90 minutes

Sublime.

Full time.

Something seemed to change when barzalgi came out. I mean juve just looked like a completely different team in the second half and Real took advantage of that. Poor balls and poor runs. I'd like to believe that Real isn't that much better than juventus.

This is a sports forum

Why is soccer being discussed

Juventus still a hat trick behind Liverpool in European Cup wins which is the silver lining of this result I suppose. Zidane continues to win trophies despite himself (in his managerial career of course, brilliant as a player).

This is a sports forum

Why is soccer being discussed
If you don't like it, You don't need to come in here and post. You'd probably embarrass yourself on the pitch. Go away and stop trolling. I find it hilarious when anyone tries to descredit any sport they don't like as not being a sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes