PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Just got my first paycheck today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go, spend that paycheck wisely, have a solo party, lots of beer. Congrats

Well done and remember we all had to start somewhere/sometime. Even in these difficult times work hard and learn as much as you can. You never know what could be round the corner in the way of opportunities. Good luck.

This reminds me of a story I read in a book about Zen. A man and his son were in a rollover accident in which the son ended up paralyzed. From that the son started a clinic for disabled people, which led to a chain of clinics. The young man then described his accident as "one of the best things that ever happened" because it allowed him to help so many others in his situation.

Congrats young man. Now it's up to you what you do with it. Best of luck.

Some "wisdom" from WC Fields seems appropriate:

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and wild women. The other half I wasted.”

Ref: W.C. Fields quotes

If anyone here is interested in a career change (or even computer sci grads struggling to find employment), check out catalyte.io

Full stack dev/consultant training with 2 years of guaranteed work upon training graduation.

Training cycle has been operating remotely since March. Work from home in effect until at least January, for now. Multiple locations nationally. The pay on the 2 year contract sucks, but it sure beats taking on loans for a useless piece of paper.

If you can, create some security for yourself financially:) But don't be miserable! Find that balance!:)

Congratulations!

Some good advice around here, but I'll just add this; make some long term and short term goals for yourself, something to chase. You're acquiring resources now. You're in the game. Enjoy it!

Neither a borrower nor a lender be! I mean, unless rates are REALLY in your favor, or you ever want to own a home!

This reminds me of a story I read in a book about Zen. A man and his son were in a rollover accident in which the son ended up paralyzed. From that the son started a clinic for disabled people, which led to a chain of clinics. The young man then described his accident as "one of the best things that ever happened" because it allowed him to help so many others in his situation.
Brings to mind Superfan Patriot Zip who lost his sight 2 decades ago. No self pity; he's a motivational speaker who has climbed all NE 4,000 footers in the winter, run marathons, iron man, etc. Has set up a charitable foundation to help those with out sight 2020 Vision Quest.

Brings to mind Superfan Patriot Zip who lost his sight 2 decades ago. No self pity; he's a motivational speaker who has climbed all NE 4,000 footers in the winter, run marathons, iron man, etc. Has set up a charitable foundation to help those with out sight 2020 Vision Quest.
My younger cousin Kyle has worked with Zip in the Boston area a number of times. Kyle also is a victim of macular degeneration who has run marathons out west in Seattle and California as well as locally, with the guidance of his brother.His philosophy is "get busy living" instead of the alternative.

Did you find a place to sleep in Portland?

Thought I'd celebrate with my forum friends. 3 years of utter brokitude are finally at an end!

If you're curious I got WFH job with AT&T for mobile service tech support. Pay is not enormous but mobile service is relatively recession and pandemic proof so hey
Congratulations bud!

Congrats. Work your ass off. I worked my ass off in the food industry for 13 years with no end in sight but now I’m out of it and with a great company. Just keep working hard and people will recognize it even if you don’t think they do.

Did you find a place to sleep in Portland?
Nope, but the good news is, I got a completely different job that offers a full 40 hours instead of the job I was gonna get in Portland. So I can keep living with my folks until I get a reserve up and then go literally wherever the hell I want to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case