PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Joe Thomas suffering from memory loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Joe Thomas Says He's Experiencing Memory Loss, 'Willing to Accept' Risks of NFL

"I definitely expect memory loss. I'm already seeing memory loss, and maybe that's just because of my old age or maybe it's football, it's hard to tell.

I mean, there's no double-blind studies when it comes to people's life. It's just a part, I think, of sometimes getting older. And it's hard to tell it's because of football or because you're 32 and you're not 21 anymore and you have a lot of stuff going in your life."

So sad. Who knows what is the real reason, but he's one of the good ones and stuff like this always happens to the good ones.

Please..don't be an NFL shill, there are studies and people don't experience memory loss at 32 without brain damage

How do you know for sure? People can get dementia at any age. Do we all think it's football related? Of course. However if he doesn't know, then how could you or I possibly know?

If you knew anything about myself, you'd know I'm no NFL shill.

The OL is an extremely violent position. A LOT of head blows sustained every single game. He should get out now while it's not worse. He's made his money and can still live comfortably. Unfortunately, it looks like his love of the game is too great. He'll likely end up a vegetable.

How do you know for sure? People can get dementia at any age. Do we all think it's football related? Of course. However if he doesn't know, then how could you or I possibly know?

If you knew anything about myself, you'd know I'm no NFL shill.

I think he was referring to Thomas as being the shill.

I bet there are 100 more like him that if they spoke up, they'd be cut in a year or banished from the league.

Please..don't be an NFL shill, there are studies and people don't experience memory loss at 32 without brain damage
I think the NFL pounding affects people's brains.

Having said that : I'm 43. I don't remember many things going back only a few years. I remember basically nothing of school & very little of college. Even my first years working : hardly anything.

Gotta give the dude props for being such a trooper. Been in football hell the last ten years. Hard To believe the Patriots were once one of the worst organizations.

As for his memory loss, I feel for him. I understand if he hung them up in the next few years. On the other hand, hopefully we sign him and get him a ring.

That's awful. He should hang them up now if he feels playing is going to make it worse.

I see your godfather 3 and I raise you a phantom menace
That's up there although ROTJ started the downside.

Those goddamn Ewoks. Might as well have sat home and watched The Muppet Show.

Nah. Come one...it wasn't great, but Phantom Menace?
In terms of hype, yes.

GF and GF2 were multi Academy Award films. The expectation for GF3 and FFC directing and Al, Diane, etc was that movie being a classic.

Instead it was a money grab as FFC was in a financial mess with bad producing and his f-ing winery losing millions.

I don't remember SB 42, SB 46, 06 AFCCG or Godfather 3
Watched it last month, and while it's complete garbage compared to the first two, it's better than most of the crap Hollywood drolls out today. The ending opera sequence is still pretty great.

But Sofia Coppola is the worst thing in that movie. She's literally terrible. Pretty much ruins it single handedly.

Watched it last month, and while it's complete garbage compared to the first two, it's better than most of the crap Hollywood drolls out today. The ending opera sequence is still pretty great.

But Sofia Coppola is the worst thing in that movie. She's literally terrible. Pretty much ruins it single handedly.

She was brutal. Interesting how she has become a very good director.

Ugh...I can write for days how terrible that movie is. I'm still bitter.

She was brutal. Interesting how she has become a very good director.

Ugh...I can write for days how terrible that movie is. I'm still bitter.

Yeah Winona Ryder was supposed to have the role, but dropped out last minute for some reason or another.

Too bad Francis just handed a main role to his daughter rather than bring in a talented actress....

She is a good director though, I'll give her that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back