PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Joe Thomas suffering from memory loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give the dude props for being such a trooper. Been in football hell the last ten years. Hard To believe the Patriots were once one of the worst organizations.

As for his memory loss, I feel for him. I understand if he hung them up in the next few years. On the other hand, hopefully we sign him and get him a ring.
His memory loss may result from a deep seated, subconscious desire to forget the last decade of football he played in Cleveland.

How do you know for sure? People can get dementia at any age. Do we all think it's football related? Of course. However if he doesn't know, then how could you or I possibly know?

If you knew anything about myself, you'd know I'm no NFL shill.
If it was one person, or even a few, then sure random. This is enough to suggest something is going on, no?

I have seen the head scans of college and professional football players. My wife has to read them as a radiologist so we chat about the effects of football. They are a horror show.

I'm 22 and i also suffer from memory loss

It could be the weed though
I'm in my sixties and I have mammary loss.... yeah,it's been twenty years since that witch on wheels took her double D's and left with the bank book and my pet squirrel, Rocket J.

I'm in my sixties and I have mammary loss.... yeah,it's been twenty years since that witch on wheels took her double D's and left with the bank book and my pet squirrel, Rocket J.

My wife turned out to be a vampyre. I know from this, because she sucked the life right out of our marriage.

But seriously, since my heart surgery on July 30 of 2015, I have had short-term memory issues, and difficulty in recalling some people's names, and in bring up some names of objects and certain words in conversations. The cardiologists say that that is normal for people who have had heart surgery, and also for people who have had multiple operations with general anesthesia.

Apparently, it isn't so much the anesthesia itself that is the problem, but how much of it has been used over time. My heart surgery lasted 7 hours, but I have also had multiple surgeries due to injuries I suffered in a helicopter accident in the Navy. Perhaps some of these athletes who have had multiple ACL/MCL/QUAD/Achillies/Etc might be facing similar issues from the anesthesia, being exposed to it over time through multiple procedures, and having it act like a force multiplier to whatever concussions they may have had as well.

Something to think about, anyway.

I love when scrawny wimpy writers talk about how the game is too violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes