PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Jets Sign Teddy Bridgewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Source: Teddy Bridgewater has passed physical, will sign with Jets

Not sure what he is thinking. They just traded for the third pick to (presumably) draft a QB. Wouldn't the only reason a QB would even think about signing with a team like the Jets be playing time? But he's content to possibly sit on the bench on that train wreck? Makes no sense. Why not go be a backup on a contender if you don't mind sitting? Maybe the Jets told him he would start and traded up to get Barkley, who is being described by many experts as a generational running back. That could be a hell of a one-two punch if Teddy can stay healthy.

Source: Teddy Bridgewater has passed physical, will sign with Jets

Not sure what he is thinking. They just traded for the third pick to (presumably) draft a QB. Wouldn't the only reason a QB would even think about signing with a team like the Jets be playing time? But he's content to possibly sit on the bench on that train wreck? Makes no sense. Why not go be a backup on a contender if you don't mind sitting? Maybe the Jets told him he would start and traded up to get Barkley, who is being described by many experts as a generational running back. That could be a hell of a one-two punch if Teddy can stay healthy.
They probably told him he will start this year and the rookie will sit and learn.

I liked him coming out of college. The jests destroy careers but hard to turn down the money.

Why not go be a backup on a contender if you don't mind sitting?

Without knowing the contract details and guarantees what follows will be the weakest type of speculation on my part since it's possible the Jete being flush with cash may have simply offered him a measure of financial security he was unlikely to get elsewhere and couldn't say no to, after all Bridgewater has only made $6.8m in career earnings to date. That said, given the competition on the roster, and Bowles obvious patience making it unlikely they will throw a 1st round QB pick immediately to the wolves, NY may well represent an opportunity for Bridgewater to start and show he's healthy enough to be more than just a guy who doesn't mind sitting, for the benefit of anyone who might be looking.

It makes a lot of sense, he will get paid.

I dont think there are many teams interested in Bridgewater and he is smart to get any million available to be set for live in case his knee doesn't hold up or if he gets phased out of the NFL for performance.

just a bridge gap for next qb

The jets will make him fat and old and slow. Then he can join revis out in the marrionis trench

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think he can be a top level starter in this league if healthy. So my perspective is probably a bit different than that of some people. I don't see him as a backup.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think he can be a top level starter in this league if healthy. So my perspective is probably a bit different than that of some people. I don't see him as a backup.

Me neither if he's healthy but the jests will ruin him.

This reminds me of the Mandela effect

For those unfamiliar, it’s a theory that suggests the possibility of alternate realities based on shared experiences from multiple people of things that don’t technically exist.

Like the spelling of the Berenstain Bears, or chick fil a

It’s fascinating to read. Anyway, one such example of this is the idea that Bilgewater is a good QB. My Dad’s a big Vikings fan so I watch them a bit. Never understood why anyone was so high on the kid

WHAT??????????????? No one has thought of THIS yet-------->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back