PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jack Tatum dead at 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this thread will eventually be closed. I'm just going to say a simple, "R.I.P." myself...

Thoughts to his family.

I was only reading about him the other week.

If Stingley could forgive him, I can wish that he RIP and that his family gets through the loss.

I watched a program on the Stingley-Tatum relationship a few years ago. It doesn't sound like Tatum had a great life after football (lost at least his leg to diabetes), and never really got used to life without football. Kind of sad. Stingley actually seemed to live a much better life than Tatum, despite a significant disability.

I wont give my thoughts on this.

I'll just say RIP Darryl.

Good riddance. Say Hi to Saddam when you get down there. I'm 43 and that event really scared me when I was 11.

I watched a program on the Stingley-Tatum relationship a few years ago. It doesn't sound like Tatum had a great life after football (lost at least his leg to diabetes), and never really got used to life without football. Kind of sad. Stingley actually seemed to live a much better life than Tatum, despite a significant disability.

Sometimes the world is just, though the whole situation is just tragic.

While I can't really celebrate any man's death, there are some that don't make me sad, either.

Sounded like a very troubled guy

Always sad to hear about someone that young dying (I don't consider 61 old). RIP Jack Tatum. I do remember hearing he was a bit of a scumbag about the whole Stingley situation, and being a big Stingley fan, it upset me a lot. But life is too short to hold grudges, so I wish his family well.

If God forgave us for our sins then I certainly can forgive Tatum for his mistakes and misjudgment at the expense of another.

R.I.P. Jack

I've never seen the Stingley hit, and it seems the NFL did a good job of eliminating it from the web.

The best I can muster is "Condolences to those who will mourn Tatum's passing."

RIP Darryl Stingley.

The best I can muster is "Condolences to those who will mourn Tatum's passing."

RIP Darryl Stingley.
My thoughts, also. I won't speak ill of the dead. RIP Darryl Stingley.

Condolences to his family. But to echo the sentiments of others here. RIP, Darryl Stingley.

The way he tried to profit off of the Stingley hit will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

RIP Mr. Stingley. You were a good man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill