PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I know your Red Sox are out, so can I get a GO BRAVES!!

SouthernPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This 88 win team is special! All year, even after losing their starting pitcher ace, one of the best players MLB, Marcel Ozuna, our starting catcher for several months, they just kept grinding until the front office got them help.
It's been 22 years since they have been to the World Series and haven't won since 1996. Get on the Braves Train and cheer to knock out the cheating Astros!!

This 88 win team is special! All year, even after losing their starting pitcher ace, one of the best players MLB, Marcel Ozuna, our starting catcher for several months, they just kept grinding until the front office got them help.
It's been 22 years since they have been to the World Series and haven't won since 1996. Get on the Braves Train and cheer to knock out the cheating Astros!!
Well at one time they were the Boston Braves, so it would be easy to root for them

7WWi.gif

Well at one time they were the Boston Braves, so it would be easy to root for them
The Braves left Boston during my childhood, the year before I began to be interested in baseball. So I never had a rooting interest in the team, except when they opposed the Yankees in the World Series. I'll give them a cheer and hope they beat Houston.

Pretty much rooting for the Braves to win. MLB deserves it for moving the all-star game out of Atlanta.

Let’s punish all those conservative lawmakers….by ruining morale and killing tourism in Fulton County, where Democrats pull in 90% of the vote and the historic center of civil rights movement.

That’ll show em.

Let’s punish all those conservative lawmakers….by ruining morale and killing tourism in Fulton County, where Democrats pull in 90% of the vote and the historic center of civil rights movement.

That’ll show em.

Except most people in Fulton County wanted the all-star game to remain there…the only person who didn’t like it was Stacy Abrams.

Except most people in Fulton County wanted the all-star game to remain there…the only person who didn’t like it was Stacy Abrams.

That was my point. They’re just punishing the same voters who are complaining about the laws.

No franchise is without skeletons, but what the Astros did is beyond just bending some rules!
The whole league was doing it. Once Instant Replay was introduced, pitchers and catchers were constantly getting signs crossed. It’s because everyone was doing it forcing teams to frequently change signs in the middle of games. Even the league office was aware as they hired extra security in the playoffs to prevent it.

The banging of the trash barrel was bad, but it was only done a few times in total and never worked.

There are no secrets in the league. There is too much turnover of players even within individual seasons.

Now, there are protocols in place to prevent stealing signs in that fashion and guess what, the Astros are back in the World Series again as favorites.

As Patriots fans, we should be familiar with fake outrage over b.s. cheating allegations.

No franchise is without skeletons, but what the Astros did is beyond just bending some rules!

Yeah, but like with Spygate, I believe that absent clear evidence of significant performance gain, the ultimate jury is how they performed afterwards. Their fans cited plenty of stats suggesting that despite it looking bad, it was a negligible gain at most, and plenty of other teams appeared to be guilty but weren’t investigated. The Astros barely skipped a beat since it happened.

IMO, it’s more selective bias. When the league investigates a team for cheating, and during the investigation there are tips that are other teams cheat, then failing to go all the way through with it shows it’s an agenda and not a real attempt at justice and fairness. Again, not so much different from the Patriots or Saints “investigations.”

That’ll show em.
The problem is the stadium is in Cobb county, the one conservative county in Metro Atlanta.
Cobb county business really took a hit!
I think the people in Fulton county were laughing, they are still pisssed that the Braves moved out of that blood sucking rat hole!

The problem is the stadium is in Cobb county, the one conservative county in Metro Atlanta.
Cobb county business really took a hit!
I think the people in Fulton county were laughing, they are still pisssed that the Braves moved out of that blood sucking rat hole!

Oh, I stand corrected then.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back