PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hoping everyone is safe from Cane Henri..

"Fatboy," you say? You have another guess coming. I am a lean, mean, voting machine -- uncorrupted by Italians, Panamanians or Jewish space lasers.

OK, how did you know his wife is a municipal public works supervisor? And what's wrong with that?
You are an idiot.

The end.

You are an idiot.

Assessments of this sort from unqualified or untrustworthy sources are deemed invalid without reputable independent verification.

Last edited:
A lot of hype by the media to get us to watch the news. It rained, it was breezy. I understand it may have been worse in other areas. It wasn't bad for us. We had a Thursday night rainstorm this summer that was much worse. 3 inches in maybe 4-5 hours.

It was supposed to hit CT pretty hard then went farther east. I have seen plenty of idiots and their "durrr the media blowed it outta perportions!" like it is a bad thing we didn't get crushed. People would have complained if trees went down and they lost power for a week but they also complain when the storm misses us. I wonder if people were always this dumb or if social media has just given a voice to the stupid.

Correct me if I'm way off New Englanders but aren't most homes/streets in the Northeast still fed their electricity via above-ground utility poles (unlike most of FL) and yearly ice storms are a far greater threat to the grid?

yes.......ice storms are worse and even then, I've never been without power for more than a few hours.......still have a small generator, though....it can run the freezer, fridge, router, and whatever we want to charge.

Was on White Horse Beach on Sunday........it was nice out there

It was supposed to hit CT pretty hard then went farther east. I have seen plenty of idiots and their "durrr the media blowed it outta perportions!" like it is a bad thing we didn't get crushed. People would have complained if trees went down and they lost power for a week but they also complain when the storm misses us. I wonder if people were always this dumb or if social media has just given a voice to the stupid.
problem is the weather channel definitely over hyped this storm. I was watching closely. It was always going to hit the coast at about 70MPH or less. People hear the word hurricane and many panic...but there is obviously a huge difference between a cat 1/tropical storm compared to a cat 2,3 or 4.

problem is the weather channel definitely over hyped this storm. I was watching closely. It was always going to hit the coast at about 70MPH or less. People hear the word hurricane and many panic...but there is obviously a huge difference between a cat 1/tropical storm compared to a cat 2,3 or 4.
I know that Hurricane Isaias was a tropical storm by the time it hit CT last year and we were without power for 5 days in early August. I couldn't believe how much damage that did around the state and it was only a tropical storm. If a true hurricane were to hit CT we would be in trouble.

Don't forget your Hurricane Preparedness Checklist! First two points listed in order of importance below.
Hurricanes

Preparing for a Hurricane

Follow these important hurricane preparedness tips from CDC:

• Prepare for a hurricane: Take basic steps now to ensure your safety should a storm hit.
  • Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. COVID-19 vaccines help protect you from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19 and may also help protect people around you.
(This is 1000% real but I admit to being tipped off to it by a commentator)

Let's keep in mind that Florida is a baren wasteland of asphalt, sand, strip malls, single story retirement communities, and swamp, so nothing tall like trees to fall on power lines. I guess there's always carnival rides, but that's mostly located in Orlando.

Let's keep in mind that Florida is a baren wasteland of asphalt, sand, strip malls, single story retirement communities, and swamp, so nothing tall like trees to fall on power lines. I guess there's always carnival rides, but that's mostly located in Orlando.
And no one really cares what happens down there since it’s a dump.

And no one really cares what happens down there since it’s a dump.
Could you guys keep spreading the word up there? We already have too many new northerners moving down here.

1629899383653.png

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back