PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Have the Chiefs lost their swag?

No. It's one game. You could say they were lucky to beat Cleveland. But they were kind of unlucky last night. How often does Mahomes throw a head scratching pick? Or the RB fumble? It was a one off.

1-1 with Chargers upcoming. I see a bounce back win. Herbert is mistake prone. 45-13 Chiefs.

The defense is definitely a concern. But Veach will do whatever it takes to improve on it.

Bottom line is there isn’t a perfect team in this league. By that I mean a team without defencies.

Only team that can beat us is us--injuries and self inflicted costly errors.
No, trust me, your D is horrendous and has generally been a swiss cheese D for years now. You are in cap hell, have a small window, are way too ****y, and will have needed to have fantastic drafts recently to not see a downtick. I am not seeing it. Hardman is basically a bust, and your entire offense is Kelce/Hill.

NE has slowed them down and has the blueprint.

Basically, you put your best CB on Kelce or use a Safety that does a nice job as a Rover like Pat Chung would do, shift some coverage a bit, and lastly put the fastest CB underneath on Hill and just trail in man with a Safety over the top on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, because we've seen what happens with Hill's speed if you don't do that on one play. The throw in the SB to Hill vs SF comes to mind.

Your CBs are mediocre, your D Line is weak outside of Jones and your LBs are average at best. It's clearly not a good D. You're also paying Mathieu 14 mil per. That's outrageous for what he does. He's not even Pat Chung in a Rover role.

haha good thing the guy knew he was taunting them and didnt respond

but it amazes me that people don't realize what assault is.. its 100% illegal to dump a drink on someone lol, and being angry/frustrated is not a justification
I really hope Mahomes brother and company aren't planning on traveling to the road game in Philadelphia.

Those fans are downright vicious and crazy.

No, trust me, your D is horrendous and has generally been a swiss cheese D for years now. You are in cap hell, have a small window, are way too ****y, and will have needed to have fantastic drafts recently to not see a downtick. I am not seeing it. Hardman is basically a bust, and your entire offense is Kelce/Hill.

NE has slowed them down and has the blueprint.

Basically, you put your best CB on Kelce or use a Safety that does a nice job as a Rover like Pat Chung would do, shift some coverage a bit, and lastly put the fastest CB underneath on Hill and just trail in man with a Safety over the top on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, because we've seen what happens with Hill's speed if you don't do that on one play. The throw in the SB to Hill vs SF comes to mind.

Your CBs are mediocre, your D Line is weak outside of Jones and your LBs are average at best. It's clearly not a good D. You're also paying Mathieu 14 mil per. That's outrageous for what he does. He's not even Pat Chung in a Rover role.
We've been in situations where we've dug out of holes (2019 postseason & NE playoff game). We've been to two SB's. Got one win. So we've got experience.

We've got leadership and one of the best coaches.

Which AFC QB is better than Mahomes? And which team is flawless? No such team exists in this league.

Whats your point? They would still blow us out. They have firepower and we have none. 16 points is not enough

The Chiefs very easily could be 0-2 if not for the two brain farts by the Browns punter and Mayfield. Have they lost their swag? Their games seem a lot of tougher and all of a sudden their division is really good. Is the SB loser hangover real? It sure seems like Brady may have broken another QB/franchise.
They got caught up in talking undefeated season. They don't have the coaching staff to real them back in.

Which AFC QB is better than Mahomes?
Point: Mahomes is asked to do too much given the state of the KC defense and must be perfect to ensure victory for the Chiefs (an unsustainable expectation).

Counterpoint: Which AFC QB is better than Mahomes?

You double down on two deuces in Blackjack dontcha?

ChiefsPlanet is funny today. Reid sucks. Spags sucks. Mahomes is still awesome but sucks

Point: Mahomes is asked to do too much given the state of the KC defense and must be perfect to ensure victory for the Chiefs (an unsustainable expectation).

Counterpoint: Which AFC QB is better than Mahomes?

You double down on two deuces in Blackjack dontcha?
No AFC QB's are better than Mahomes.

But your point about defense is valid.

I expect the defense to improve.

The Ravens played amazing down the stretch and the Chiefs only lost because of a fumble and one of the ballsiest calls in recent memory

How dare you! Mahomes is the greatest of all time. Reid will be enshrined in the HOF unanimously. That DC beat the not so great BB in the SB don't forget.

How dare you! Mahomes is the greatest of all time. Reid will be enshrined in the HOF unanimously. That DC beat the not so great BB in the SB don't forget.
Mahomes isn't the GOAT.

But Reid will get into the HOF.

Do you think he shouldn't?

If they meet again, it will be in KC. Good luck.

The Chiefs very easily could be 0-2 if not for the two brain farts by the Browns punter and Mayfield. Have they lost their swag? Their games seem a lot of tougher and all of a sudden their division is really good. Is the SB loser hangover real? It sure seems like Brady may have broken another QB/franchise.
If the Superbowl hangover was a real thing then explain how the Bills went to 4 straight Superbowls and lost everyone of them?

Teams can quickly go from being good to mediocre in the salary cap era.

This.

Baltimore still got 4 losses or so at minimum left on that schedule.
Baltimore was lucky to even be in the game. Mahomes and the offense won't let that happen next time.

Meh.

That place is toxic.

Irrational fans.
We have some irrational fans here too. All boards do.

I get a kick out of CP. I have the same screen name there as I do here.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back