PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Has Aaron Rodgers Quit on GB?

The sad thing here is that there is a legitimate conversation to be had about the value of current NFL players, and stars, vs. what they were 20 years ago. How that is a reflection of society today. How Brady is in many ways an example of that. Is Rogers' current behavior a good example of that, in the extreme?

But it gets lost in the hyperbole and anger.

The sad thing here is that there is a legitimate conversation to be had about the value of current NFL players, and stars, vs. what they were 20 years ago. How that is a reflection of society today. How Brady is in many ways an example of that. Is Rogers' current behavior a good example of that, in the extreme?

But it gets lost in the hyperbole and anger.
It seems to me that Rodgers had a plan in his head last year. Go out and ball, win MVP and get traded. The issue was the plan was only in his head and he really thought GB would just let him out of his contract that still had 3 years left.

What he's done since is implode in epic fashion.

My favorite poster that got banned was the one who created a thread, told the board he was the smartest person here and then took a beatdown for it. He soon lost it going off on a few posters then spamming everyone’s post with dislike, disagree or funny ratings.

I can’t remember his name though.

Yeah I think I remember that too, but I also can't remember the user name either...

My favorite poster that got banned was the one who created a thread, told the board he was the smartest person here and then took a beatdown for it. He soon lost it going off on a few posters then spamming everyone’s post with dislike, disagree or funny ratings.

Yeah I think I remember that too, but I also can't remember the user name either...

Thelonious?

I don't know of many posters who got banned, but there was one guy who replied to all of my posts for months with a YouTube embed of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. That was not the reason for his ban.

He'll destroy the Lions pathetic defense and then the media will be back to praising him as the 1A/1B GOAT with Mahomes.
He has the Niners after Detroit in San Fran. Terrible match up for them. Worse than the Saints. After that game, there will be more speculation that he has quit.

Their overall schedule is pretty brutal. If he is truly mailing it in, it could be a 7 or 8 game win season. If they somehow do manage to lose any games in that pathetic division we will know that he is going scorched earth on the FO.

Diva Errant Fraudgers is on to 0-2!

He has the Niners after Detroit in San Fran. Terrible match up for them. Worse than the Saints. After that game, there will be more speculation that he has quit.

Their overall schedule is pretty brutal. If he is truly mailing it in, it could be a 7 or 8 game win season. If they somehow do manage to lose any games in that pathetic division we will know that he is going scorched earth on the FO.
I don’t think he’s quit. If he did, he wouldn’t be out there. Because he’d be knowingly subjecting himself to injury. I think it’s more subconscious than that if he is mailing it in. In other words, he may not even be realizing he’s doing it. Playing on his cell phone during the time he’s watching tape, half-assing his workout routine, etc. Checked out instead of outright quitting.

I don’t think he’s quit. If he did, he wouldn’t be out there. Because he’d be knowingly subjecting himself to injury. I think it’s more subconscious than that if he is mailing it in. In other words, he may not even be realizing he’s doing it. Playing on his cell phone during the time he’s watching tape, half-assing his workout routine, etc. Checked out instead of outright quitting.
I don't think any of it is subconscious unless you think his entire off-season clown show was subconscious. I think he is a passive aggressive, vindictive guy who is just twisted enough to have put off retirement in order to ruin GBs season.

I don't think any of it is subconscious unless you think his entire off-season clown show was subconscious. I think he is a passive aggressive, vindictive guy who is just twisted enough to have put off retirement in order to ruin GBs season.
I don't care for Rodgers either but I highly doubt he is doing this.

I agree with @KontradictioN

I think you may want to give this position some extra thought. And no, I don’t think his clown show was subconscious. I just don’t think he’s quit, either. If he wanted to quit on his team to ruin their season, he’d quit on his team to ruin their season. There’s plenty of ways we can criticize Rodgers without having to make up conspiracy theories.

I think you may want to give this position some extra thought. And no, I don’t think his clown show was subconscious. I just don’t think he’s quit, either. If he wanted to quit on his team to ruin their season, he’d quit on his team to ruin their season. There’s plenty of ways we can criticize Rodgers without having to make up conspiracy theories.
I agree that "quit" is probably not the right word. I think you said "mailing it in" or lackluster in effort. I just don't think it is subconscious. I think he is very aware of everything he does and says and acts/speaks with purpose.

I agree that "quit" is probably not the right word. I think you said "mailing it in" or lackluster in effort. I just don't think it is subconscious. I think he is very aware of everything he does and says and acts/speaks with purpose.
I just highly doubt Rodgers went into that game thinking "holy **** i hate green bay im not going to try to win" . I think the more likely reality is the offseason and his feelings on green bay led him to not being completely zoned in but a lot of it wasnt purposely done.

They will also probably win next week. If they dont then the noise will get louder but one bad game is way to early to say that Rodgers is losing on purpose.

I just highly doubt Rodgers went into that game thinking "holy **** i hate green bay im not going to try to win" . I think the more likely reality is the offseason and his feelings on green bay led him to not being completely zoned in but a lot of it wasnt purposely done.

They will also probably win next week. If they dont then the noise will get louder but one bad game is way to early to say that Rodgers is losing on purpose.
Did you watch the game and see his play/expressions throughout? I mean the guy often looks kind of aloof as his general demeanor but he was completely uninterested. He had no compete at all, no fire. His interview after the game was even worse.

I do expect him/them to bounce back vs Detroit as it they don't then things are really going to heat up. But they have San Fran and Pitt after Detroit. I do think we know more in the next few weeks about whether he really wants to win this year or just mail in it and retire.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back