PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Happy Father's Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB_Helmet

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Today is my first Father's Day as a dad. Gonna hang out and get some stuff done around the house while my lovely wife watches the kid. That might not seem too exciting but it's probably the first uninterrupted stretch of more than 20 minutes I've had in months! All worth it.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on this board. Let us all join together in raising the next generation of Patriots fans. It's on us to instill love for our team and recognize that maybe the most important function of being a sports fan is to build lasting family bonds. Sadly, my daughter has never seen a Patriots championship :D. Hopefully that changes next February.

Also if you are still lucky enough to have your own Dad around, give him a ring. If you are enough of a knucklehead to be on the PatsFans message board, well, then he must have done something right.

Today is my first Father's Day as a dad. Gonna hang out and get some stuff done around the house while my lovely wife watches the kid. That might not seem too exciting but it's probably the first uninterrupted stretch of more than 20 minutes I've had in months! All worth it.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on this board. Let us all join together in raising the next generation of Patriots fans. It's on us to instill love for our team and recognize that maybe the most important function of being a sports fan is to build lasting family bonds. Sadly, my daughter has never seen a Patriots championship :D. Hopefully that changes next February.

Also if you are still lucky enough to have your own Dad around, give him a ring. If you are enough of a knucklehead to be on the PatsFans message board, well, then he must have done something right.

Happy 1st Fathers Day and congrats on the little one! Don't blink, before you know it you'll be walking her down the aisle. It doesn't seem like it while it's happening but man does it go by fast.

The Pats are a big part of the generational tie between my sons, grandsons and I. The success they've known in my grandkids generation has been nothing short of amazing, they've never known a losing season. They're good fans though, they not only listen to us talking about the old days when winning was hardly a birth right but ask all the right questions. I've even heard them tell their friends about the signed & framed Hannah jersey in my man cave, most of their friends have never heard of him but at least the boys know who he is. Someday they'll be telling their own grandkids about going to Gillette with their fathers & I and boring them with endless tales about the championship teams back in the day.

Happy Father's Day all you Patsfan dads out there! I am blessed that I still have my own Dadadoo and spent the day with him yesterday.

Edit - PS he is very hard of hearing so it takes a lot of tinkering for him to be able to "watch" the news (we had to get him a sound box yesterday to boost his TV volume and he usually has a contraption called "rabbit ears" he uses). Well he said he started ending his news watching a little earlier these days because there are too many commercials between the weather and the sports and he's not interested in the sports because the Pats aren't playing. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)

Last edited:
Happy Father's Day all you Patsfan dads out there! I am blessed that I still have my own Dadadoo and spent the day with him yesterday.

It's great you still have him to celebrate! We are fortunate enough to still have my wife's Dad with us and got together as a tribe this morning for brunch to celebrate him. The crew is pretty substantial these days, we filled the banquet hall at the restaurant and there was a ton of Pats gear in evidence. Enjoying a little down time now before the invasion happens here shortly.

Last edited:

Edit - PS he is very hard of hearing so it takes a lot of tinkering for him to be able to "watch" the news (we had to get him a sound box yesterday to boost his TV volume and he usually has a contraption called "rabbit ears" he uses). Well he said he started ending his news watching a little earlier these days because there are too many commercials between the weather and the sports and he's not interested in the sports because the Pats aren't playing. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)
I’m sure that you’ve already explored this option Deb, but in case you haven’t, there is a lot of new technology available in terms of hearing aids and TV/cellphone connectivity. My wife works as a doctor of audiology and has patients who rejoice (often in tears) just about every single day when they realize that they can hear again. Most of the ear/nose/throat docs will offer a trial of 60 days, 90 days, etc in order to determine whether or not the patient sees enough benefit to warrant a purchase.

PM me anytime if you ever want me to ask her any questions or bounce any ideas. The ability to allow him to hear the news, the Pats games, or simply converse in an everyday setting has the potential to improve his life substantially.

My father has taken me to 5 Superbowls just saying. #GOAT #WorldsGreatestDad #MayYouAllGetAchanceToDoTheSameBecauseIwantToSee5moreAndEveryoneShouldGoToAtLeast5withTheirDAD

@fgssand
That’s awesome. Cherish those memories, man. I’d pretty much give anything to have the chance to see one meaningless Cleveland Browns preseason game with my (now deceased) dad, let alone 5 Super Bowls from my favorite team.

Not meaning to get on a soapbox, but let him know your feelings and appreciation every single day, or at least as often as possible. It’s hard to look back and play the “I wish I would’ve” game. Very hard.

I’m sure that you’ve already explored this option Deb, but in case you haven’t, there is a lot of new technology available in terms of hearing aids and TV/cellphone connectivity. My wife works as a doctor of audiology and has patients who rejoice (often in tears) just about every single day when they realize that they can hear again. Most of the ear/nose/throat docs will offer a trial of 60 days, 90 days, etc in order to determine whether or not the patient sees enough benefit to warrant a purchase.

PM me anytime if you ever want me to ask her any questions or bounce any ideas. The ability to allow him to hear the news, the Pats games, or simply converse in an everyday setting has the potential to improve his life substantially.
Thanks Supa - I will ask him if he wants me to explore. I know he is always trying to get better hearing aids but he suffers from a genetic condition wherein the three little bones in your ear slowly fuse together, and as far as I know, there is no treatment or improvement for that (except painful surgery, which often doesn't work [his sister had it (the condition and the surgery) and it didn't improve things for her]). Unfortunately I think I have passed the condition down to my oldest kid. He's about to turn 20 and can't hear for $h!+ as he puts it. My dad found out he had substantial hearing loss at about the same age when he failed his military hearing test.

Happy Father’s Day, everyone!

Happy Father's Day from a father from Poland to all of you dads from all over the world :)

Happy belated Father's Day, guys. Hope everybody got to spend some quality time with their families. I spent mine chasing my little guy all over my yard :D

My son's school had this brief phase where a lot of the kids were wearing these belts with like, animal tails on them. Some lowkey furry crap they sold at Hot Topic.

Buying that for him hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes