PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
The analogy has no merit ..........

I believe greatness crosses generations. If you were great in the 50s, you would great in 2016 and vice versa.

Give Bill Russell time to adapt his game and give him the nutrition and the training today's athletes receive he is a 15pt/18rb/4blk/2st guy a night and the most mentally tough player in the league.

Yes but Russell didn't make a lot of friends either. He put up walls in a major way. Even with his teammates. Also keep in mind this city wasn't exactly welcoming to African Americans in the 50s and 60s.
Yeah that's true. Didn't seem to like Tommy Heinsohn. They gave Tommy rookie of the year from my understanding (from Russell's words, I don't know how biased he is but it sounds like he was clearly the better player), only because he was white and they didn't want to reward a black player. But, yeah he still could have embraced his teammates better. He shouldn't have taken that out on Tommy that he didn't win that award it's not Tommy's fault. I think that was mostly in the beginning of his career though. I wonder if they're friends now. I would think that stuff is far behind them at this point.

Yeah that's true. Didn't seem to like Tommy Heinsohn. But, I don't blame him that much. They gave Tommy rookie of the year from my understanding (from Russell's words, I don't know how biased he is but it sounds like he was clearly the better player), only because he was white and they didn't want to reward a black player. But, yeah he still could have embraced his teammates better. I think that was mostly in the beginning of his career though. I wonder if they're friends now. I would think that stuff is far behind them at this point.

Russell had a lot of hate which depending on what you believe fueled him to be the player he was.

My dad was a student at Northeastern in the 60's and ran into him at some coffee shop. My dad said something like 'great season so far' or' great game last night' and Russell looked at him and walked away. He didn't say a word to him...lol.

Russell had a lot of hate which depending on what you believe fueled him to be the player he was.

My dad was a student at Northeastern in the 60's and ran into him at some coffee shop. My dad said something like 'great season so far' or' great game last night' and Russell looked at him and walked away. He didn't say a word to him...lol.
lol the Rondo of his day I suppose. Interesting thought, maybe he wouldn't be the player he became. Greatest winner in sports history. Doesn't get enough credit. Tired of the Nike tagline that MJ is far and away the GOAT no conversation. I think MJ, Kareem, Wilt, and Russ are 1-4 in no particular order.

lol the Rondo of his day I suppose. Interesting thought, maybe he wouldn't be the player he became. Greatest winner in sports history. Doesn't get enough credit. Tired of the Nike tagline that MJ is far and away the GOAT no conversation. I think MJ, Kareem, Wilt, and Russ are 1-4 in no particular order.

Rondo is a mega douche. I hate him with the intensity of 1,000 suns, as @IcyPatriot can attest to.

Doc and Danny were saints to deal with that a-hole.

Such a selfish bastard.

I could never, ever coach him. I would eventually throw a folding chair at his head.

I think the greats have something inside them that drives them to another level. Poverty, anger, fear of failure, etc.

Wade is a low key douche.
True, I think he's worse than LeBron but he's not nearly as flashy about it. LeBron I wouldn't really call a douche, he's just a huuuuge tool.

I could never, ever coach him. I would eventually throw a folding chair at his head.

Yea. If Paul and KG weren't there he would have been traded a helluva lot sooner.

Under the rules of the game back then probably. Under the rules of today, the Warriors would wipe the floor with them.

No way. The Warriors wouldn't be able to guard Pippen or Jordan under either rule set. And forget the 95-96 Bulls, this Warriors team doesn't beat the 92-93 Bulls with Jordan at his absolute peak.

No way. The Warriors wouldn't be able to guard Pippen or Jordan under either rule set. And forget the 95-96 Bulls, this Warriors team doesn't beat the 92-93 Bulls with Jordan at his absolute peak.

1986 Celtics destroy GS and all Bulls teams in 4-6 games.

Not that I'm going to use the I told you so argument and I'm not going to bother getting into what's going to happen in the post-season because that's a beast unto itself but when the Warriors are on (as they are today against the Spurs), they cannot be stopped.

Not that I'm going to use the I told you so argument and I'm not going to bother getting into what's going to happen in the post-season because that's a beast unto itself but when the Warriors are on (as they are today against the Spurs), they cannot be stopped.
Good win last night for them but it'll still be a tough series vs SA.

Warriors are a really tough match up for the Spurs, their interior defense stonewalls the Spurs. Can't see the Spurs scoring enough to beat them. They need shooting. Maybe Danny Green can turn things around. I have read others suggest limiting Duncan's minutes and starting Diaw. I think that would make sense, Duncan has struggled big time vs the Dubs and Diaw stretches the floor and is a lot more mobile.

Last edited:
1986 Celtics destroy GS and all Bulls teams in 4-6 games.
I've heard people argue that 86 is the GOAT but, why didn't they have a better record? League was a bit tougher back then wasn't it? I think there were some expansions teams around 96.

Kerr is supposedly going to be meeting with the players today to see if they would rather get rest or chase the record. We all know which way they'll want to go (the record). As the coach and the leader, he should override them and not even make it a decision. It was a convincing win but this team still looks like they lack the energy and the pop that they had earlier in the season. Either way, nothing would make me happier than to see a team finally shut Jordan and those Bulls the hell up so if they go for it and get it, then I'll be happy.

Kerr is supposedly going to be meeting with the players today to see if they would rather get rest or chase the record. We all know which way they'll want to go (the record). As the coach and the leader, he should override them and not even make it a decision. It was a convincing win but this team still looks like they lack the energy and the pop that they had earlier in the season. Either way, nothing would make me happier than to see a team finally shut Jordan and those Bulls the hell up so if they go for it and get it, then I'll be happy.
Man...that would be tough if I'm Kerr. I know the title is the real goal but, to be so close...I'd HAVE to go for the record. This is about being the best team EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back