PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Go Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's next for theo? he should go fix some other team.
He punched his ticket to Cooperstown last night. To end two droughts.......his next contract negotiation should be fun. I'm sure some billionaire will throw a Brink's truck ( Is Brink's still around?) full of money at him...
More power to him and David Ross and Lester... Ross should be a manager somewhere ...He is retiring to be with his family but he helped the Sox in 2013 and now the Cubs....

I'm definitely happy for the Cub fans and sympathetic to the Indians fans. Having lived through the many Red Sox fiascos I hated to see either fan base go through something like we had to, coming so close but not getting to the championship in the end. I thought Games 5 and 7 were two of the more exciting events I've watched in a long time that didn't involve the Pats. This was tough for me as a neutral observer, because I had more empathy for the Cubs fans given the 100+ years thing, but I am a Francona fan and on the flip side I absolutely can't stand Madden and Epstein. In the end though what I really enjoyed was seeing how the Cubs seemed to get a little something from just about everyone in their lineup that all added up to a great team victory. Over the course of the Patriots' amazing run these past 15 years, that is probably the thing I have enjoyed most, seeing the way so many of the wins have come about because of the countless little things they get from guys throughout the entire roster, coaching staff, and front office.

I wanted the Indians because of Tito but it was an incredible game, and an incredible series. A much better product than what the NFL is offering right now, when you think of it. Or maybe it's because I was not emotionally invested in one team over the other.

He punched his ticket to Cooperstown last night. To end two droughts.......his next contract negotiation should be fun. I'm sure some billionaire will throw a Brink's truck ( Is Brink's still around?) full of money at him...
More power to him and David Ross and Lester... Ross should be a manager somewhere ...He is retiring to be with his family but he helped the Sox in 2013 and now the Cubs....
Big for Maddon too...always thought he was the best in the league in Tampa just they had no money.

I am happy for Theo, Lester and Cubs fans. 108 Years is a long time to wait for a Championship!

I'm definitely happy for the Cub fans and sympathetic to the Indians fans. Having lived through the many Red Sox fiascos I hated to see either fan base go through something like we had to, coming so close but not getting to the championship in the end. I thought Games 5 and 7 were two of the more exciting events I've watched in a long time that didn't involve the Pats. This was tough for me as a neutral observer, because I had more empathy for the Cubs fans given the 100+ years thing, but I am a Francona fan and on the flip side I absolutely can't stand Madden and Epstein. In the end though what I really enjoyed was seeing how the Cubs seemed to get a little something from just about everyone in their lineup that all added up to a great team victory. Over the course of the Patriots' amazing run these past 15 years, that is probably the thing I have enjoyed most, seeing the way so many of the wins have come about because of the countless little things they get from guys throughout the entire roster, coaching staff, and front office.
Tribe now has 3 recent WS Game 7 heartbreakers. Yes, they are on a par with Sox curse.

As for Pats post-Mo Lewis hit, it's Brady. Along with Belichick. Period.

Tribe now has 3 recent WS Game 7 heartbreakers. Yes, they are on a par with Sox curse.

As for Pats post-Mo Lewis hit, it's Brady. Along with Belichick. Period.

Three? 2016, 1997, and...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back