PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gilmore still complaining about how the Pats treated his recovery

The idea that Gronk would unretire in 2019 was welcomed with open arms by a fanbase watching Izzo and LaCosse bumble around the field. You’re making this up. At no point did you, or anyone else, ever think Gronk was “threatening” the Patriots with unretirement. If anything, you could say he was a tease. Post-2020, you try to change the narrative to mean that Gronk alluding to coming back was a threat (!) to the Patriots.

But this is consistent with your completely fabricated idea that he was in Tom’s ear urging him to turn on the team, egging him on to leave.

You’re certainly welcome to have your opinion, but clearly this isn’t rooted in reality. I’m surprised because usually you’re a voice of reason. If you don’t like Gronk, so be it. Whatever your reasons. But the stuff you cite is made up ******** that’s you’ve projected from your own mind.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

It's how I feel, man. Dunno what to tell ya.

Carolina has cap space galore right now, I'm sure there is a quid pro quo offer there if Gilmore can prove he's healthy to give him a contract that the Pats had zero inclination to match.

The thing is, he isn't even playing much in Carolina right now. According to the snap counts on his pro football reference page, he's played 41% of defensive snaps (126 in total) in the 5 games he's been there. Surely he isn't fully healthy? (Albeit this is a team that actively traded for Sam Darnold, so maybe they're just not playing him!)

He isn't going to be getting a long term deal this offseason from anyone if he keeps playing that little.

The thing is, he isn't even playing much in Carolina right now. According to the snap counts on his pro football reference page, he's played 41% of defensive snaps (126 in total) in the 5 games he's been there. Surely he isn't fully healthy? (Albeit this is a team that actively traded for Sam Darnold, so maybe they're just not playing him!)

He isn't going to be getting a long term deal this offseason from anyone if he keeps playing that little.
Yea hes been playing more lately and their DC says he'll be playing even more than that.

I'm sure he'll blame BB as to why hes not playing more. :evil:

Yeah. It is by far the position that is most quickly exposed when the athleticism starts to slip. Teams consistently make this "fool's gold" mistake,
but Belichick wasn't going there without proof of life.

And waa still great value because he produced more than just a good TE
Saying he was 'underpaid' was false though. You can't pay him more than 'more than anyone else at your position ever', and claim to be underpaid.

Yeah, some years the Patriots got excellent value from that contract. Some years the Patriots won Super Bowls without him because he was made of Waterford Crystal.

All-in-all it was a good deal for both sides. Claiming Gronkowski was deliberately underpaid though is a joke.

Based on his play this season, Gilmore will get a nice payday this offseason, but he is not the dominate playmaker he was two years ago.

Based on his play this season, Gilmore will get a nice payday this offseason, but he is not the dominate playmaker he was two years ago.
He'll get a 2yr $10aav deal which will have a 1yr out

I agree with you, he was unhappy because they didn't give him more money, he should just STFU and play for his new team, he signed a contract and didn't want to honor it. We got the best of him.

He's just trying to get his last contract to be as lucrative as he can. Players in his position are expected to behave this way. It is a tactic in the standard strategy manual; it's in the script. The League approves of this behavior because it generates more fan attention and that leads to more revenue. This isn't about sports and Vince Lombardi/Red Auerbach; it is about celebrities and the entertainment/media business. It is about getting everything he can from the billionaires he works for, who couldn't care less about him once he's no longer a viable player.

Week 14: Gilmore started and played every snap, his first start and first game above 60% snaps.

The Panthers' season is all but over, as the #12 seed with the hardest remaining schedule (Bucs twice, Bills, Saints).

Week 14: Gilmore started and played every snap, his first start and first game above 60% snaps.

The Panthers' season is all but over, as the #12 seed with the hardest remaining schedule (Bucs twice, Bills, Saints).

I wouldn't mind him nabbing a few picks this week though...

Didn’t we say the same thing about Collins at least twice previously?
I don't recall Jamie complaining about how his injury was handled. That might be the difference here.

I don't recall Jamie complaining about how his injury was handled. That might be the difference here.

I think the better comp would be Brandon Spikes, who openly compared playing here to being in Hell, and was still brought back. Never ended up playing, because he's a buffoon, but BB seems willing to rebuild bridges in some cases.

That said, I think Gilmore wants one more big payday, and then I doubt he's available again before he's mostly cooked.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back