PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Gary Kubiak taken to hospital after loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kubiak's out as coach, for this week:

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak is out of the hospital, but he won’t be jumping right back to work.

Broncos General Manager John Elway announced on Monday that Kubiak will not work this week after being hospitalized on Sunday due to the onset of flu-like symptoms.

Gary Kubiak won’t coach this week

Elway: "The process for Gary is to worry about Gary this week." Kubiak has appointments scheduled with doctors this week.

Stressful job. I wonder how much he delegates to assistants and how hands-on he is. I think he's closely involved with offensive game planning and play calling.

If I recall correctly, Kubiak had a TIA (sort of a mini-stroke) in 2013. Even if this isn't the same again, it should be incredibly concerning.

How BB is able to do what he does for this long and how is nothing short of miraculous.
I think Belichick's disregard of the media, and all it's associated hype, makes it easier for him to maintain his equilibrium. Secondly, his great record frees him from any worry about keeping his job. Lastly, he just loves the game of football; every aspect, coaching, scouting, game planning, etc.

Plus, off season, BB has a nice boat and relaxes, goes fishing and has a drink or two..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If I think about the coaches I know who lasted a REALLY long time in the NFL -- Shula, Landry, BB -- all seemed pretty focused, controlled, obsessive characters. I guess that survives better than being intensely emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes