PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fields looked really good in preseason debut

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know there were many of us that wanted the Pats to trade up and get Fields at #11, myself included. He looked pretty good in his first game - led two TD drives. He started off slow with a ball that should have picked and a fumble running but man can he throw the heck out of the ball. He really reminds me of Watson. Hopefully he takes less sacks and gets all his massages at the Bears facility. LOL

He threw consecutive balls that should have been picked, and had a fumble. That's getting ignored or minimized, because it would kill the "Promising debut" sort of commentary that the agenda drivers are throwing out there.

Was he going up against the ones or people who prob won’t be in the league this year?
And as Deus said he had at least one or two balls that should have been picked off.

what relevance does the bears qb against the lolphins backups and practice squad have to the main Patriots thread?
I was not sure where it should go. That is why I put "OT" Is there a sub forum for other NFL news?

Relevance to Pats is that we could have had him at #11 if we wanted to trade up.

Was he going up against the ones or people who prob won’t be in the league this year?
And as Deus said he had at least one or two balls that should have been picked off.
One touchdown was absolutely blown coverage, where Fields threw it 51 yards to Jesse James (and from start to finish, it looked like the ball was the closest thing to James, even as it was leaving Fields' hands.

He does look like he belongs, though. Rolling right, firing it back to the left.

Time will tell which 1/3 of young QBs will be keepers and which 2/3 will be labelled busts…

I thought Fields got really strong as the game went on. He showed every facet of his skillset, and why he was rated a top 10 pick (I know he went 11th). He looks like a much bigger Russell Wilson, similar skills. Very impressed by his debut.

I know it seems as if I'm trying to belittle the guy, but I'm not. I just don't like the narrative that's being pushed about this kid, because it's agenda driven rather than organic. It's not fair to the Bears, Dalton, Fields, or pretty much anyone else but the media clowns pushing the story.

I know it seems as if I'm trying to belittle the guy, but I'm not. I just don't like the narrative that's being pushed about this kid, because it's agenda driven rather than organic. It's not fair to the Bears, Dalton, Fields, or pretty much anyone else but the media clowns pushing the story.

I was one that liked jones over Fields. It’s preseason. We don’t know much yet i do know i would love jones to play with the first team and they open it up.

The kid had a good performance any way you cut it and it is interesting cuz' he went 4 picks before Jones. Yeah, we all know it is PS week 1 and that the scrubs out there won't be around in a few weeks. But what was Fields supposed to do? Toss those interceptions and fumble the ball AGAIN?

The kid had a good performance any way you cut it and it is interesting cuz' he went 4 picks before Jones. Yeah, we all know it is PS week 1 and that the scrubs out there won't be around in a few weeks. But what was Fields supposed to do? Toss those interceptions and fumble the ball AGAIN?

Jones should have had a td. Went through the fingertips of the receiver. We don’t know anything yet abou Fields nor Jones. I am still very high on jones. Went through his progressions well. Just didnt open it up as much.

I was not sure where it should go. That is why I put "OT" Is there a sub forum for other NFL news?

Relevance to Pats is that we could have had him at #11 if we wanted to trade up.
I'll start an "Other games" thread like we have in the regular season.

If he keeps trying to be cute with the spin move (which immediately led to the fumble), he's gonna have a short career.

I am still under the belief that jones will be better. Just a matter of players behind him. He should have had a td pass but it went through the receiver’s fingertips.

I am still under the belief that jones will be better. Just a matter of players behind him. He should have had a td pass but it went through the receiver’s fingertips.
Pats got Mac for free and I think he can be a continuation of the Brady offense. Fields would not have been on either count.

Remains to be seen if the difference would have been worth paying.

At this point, who cares. He is not a patriot and the pats could have traded up for him, which I wanted them to do but it is what it is.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back