PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favorite interactions with casual fans

Yes of course! By that time in the season, they will be giving away Falcons tickets just to have people in the dome.

It might actually be as bad as it was when I was a kid here and the story was the Falcons were so bad, the police gave you Falcon tickets instead of speeding tickets.
I may go then, it's close enough.

I just usually listen and nod my head with a smile. Especially when it's a fan of another team and I know more about his team, its players and its history than they do.

My friends know better to ask in depth questions. They do use me for informational purposes at times.

Favorite recent quote. My son got married over labor day weekend. So lots of family in town. My 23 year old nephew looking for a board game to play. Starts calling out games..."got clue, monopoly, trivial pursuit: NFL version, **** that not playing that with Mike..."

I just usually listen and nod my head with a smile. Especially when it's a fan of another team and I know more about his team, its players and its history than they do.

My friends know better to ask in depth questions. They do use me for informational purposes at times.

Favorite recent quote. My son got married over labor day weekend. So lots of family in town. My 23 year old nephew looking for a board game to play. Starts calling out games..."got clue, monopoly, trivial pursuit: NFL version, **** that not playing that with Mike..."
How are your predictions going after Week 1?

Yeah there was this one guy who always used to call Matt light Todd light... oh wait that was someone who actually announced football games for a living

Yeah, I also just nod my head and say, "Go Pats!"

It is also why I don't like watching football with casual fans....my friends know to STFU when the game is on at least. I really really get super annoyed by mid-game hot takes from uninformed fans..........

But I am sure many other fans get annoyed by my fantasy football comments during games too.... like, "OMG, they shoulda given that TD to Bryan Edwards..."

So what'd you think of the game?
LOL! The shortest version I could give is a close loss with some obvious but fixable issues is pretty much what I would have expected. We got lucky that Mac fell to us, we very well could be seeing Cam hand off behind that O-lineman that the Gints took one pick ahead of us, or yet another pick out of left field. Yet we also got lucky finding TB12, we seem to know a good thing when we find it. In my world view, we're a full year ahead of schedule, they were expecting to have to ride out a year with Cam and make a move for QB next off season, but we got lucky Mac fell to us this off season and then he clearly beat out Cam. I think we're a wild card level team this year, plenty more "on the job" training for Mac and for the rest of the team too. Hopefully we avoid injuries and are firing on all cylinders as we enter the tournament. Mac's low salary gives us a lot of room to acquire more/better players next season so we're well positioned for the future.

LOL! The shortest version I could give is a close loss with some obvious but fixable issues is pretty much what I would have expected. We got lucky that Mac fell to us, we very well could be seeing Cam hand off behind that O-lineman that the Gints took one pick ahead of us, or yet another pick out of left field. Yet we also got lucky finding TB12, we seem to know a good thing when we find it. In my world view, we're a full year ahead of schedule, they were expecting to have to ride out a year with Cam and make a move for QB next off season, but we got lucky Mac fell to us this off season and then he clearly beat out Cam. I think we're a wild card level team this year, plenty more "on the job" training for Mac and for the rest of the team too. Hopefully we avoid injuries and are firing on all cylinders as we enter the tournament. Mac's low salary gives us a lot of room to acquire more/better players next season so we're well positioned for the future.
Could you elaborate on that?

Yeah, I also just nod my head and say, "Go Pats!"

It is also why I don't like watching football with casual fans....my friends know to STFU when the game is on at least. I really really get super annoyed by mid-game hot takes from uninformed fans..........

But I am sure many other fans get annoyed by my fantasy football comments during games too.... like, "OMG, they shoulda given that TD to Bryan Edwards..."
I don't know about the people you watch football with, but my dad is constantly talking about the fantasy implications of things and I just couldn't care less. Sometimes it does get to the point of annoying me when he's playing a Pats opposing player in fantasy.

I don't know about the people you watch football with, but my dad is constantly talking about the fantasy implications of things and I just couldn't care less. Sometimes it does get to the point of annoying me when he's playing a Pats opposing player in fantasy.

I specifically attempt to avoid Pats and AFC East players in FFL drafts or daft them when the value is good THEN trade them away. And if a guy I own is playing the Pats...bench the guy.... and I always always draft the Pats D 2 rounds early!!!

My favorite thing is a pick six by the Pats D....It's great! PLUS I score about 48 points across 6 leagues at once!!!

When you live out of market, the odds are pretty good the person bandwagoned to the team sometime in the last 15-20 years. Not every time, but it's a good probability. So, not a lot of exchanges for me. The best chance is to find a Pats bar and then you'll get some good Pats talk.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily my favorite interaction, but my uncle, a casual Pats fan, would greet me every Christmas eve and then immediately start ripping Brady and saying he was "DONE". This happened for around a decade straight starting around '09. And this wasn't just to mess with me, he truly believed it.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily my favorite interaction, but my uncle, a casual Pats fan, would greet me every Christmas eve and then immediately start ripping Brady and saying he was "DONE". This happened for around a decade straight starting around '09. And this wasn't just to mess with me, he truly believed it.
How is Rob Parker as an uncle?

2009?

Is your uncle ok up top? I got a lot of that after SB 42 and I took a bunch of people's money because they were convinced BB/Brady would never win a SB together ever again. Was the dumbest bet I'v ever won. One was a Jets fan, one a Colts fan and one a Steelers fan. Not a coincidence.

I like going to the games and being told to shush while the offense is in the huddle because I'm still celebrating the prior play.

Hey dingus, they can hear in the huddle just fine. It's when they get to the line that noise becomes a problem

I see Patriots fans like Alabama college football fans!

Alabama football fan know all the stats of high schools 5* recruits just like Pats fan know everything about trades and roster moves.
"Roll Tide" is a greeting as is "Hey how about the Pats, eh?"

I have to disagree with you just a bit, we are better than others. We are the Winners in the World, the Pats and the Tide! LOL
I remember moving to Birmingham Alabama a long time ago (more time than I like to think about) from Washington DC, where there was some talking about the team that is now called the WFT, but hardly anyone really followed them that closely or had that much knowledge.

Once I moved here to Alabama I remember clear as day sitting at a restaurant at lunch near a full table of women (the type that would never have known anything about football in Washington), and these ladies were all talking about the Alabama football team offensive linemen (with impressive knowledge), talking about who had the best technique, who had the most potential, etc. I thought: I'm not in Kansas anymore ;)

I remember moving to Birmingham Alabama a long time ago (more time than I like to think about) from Washington DC, where there was some talking about the team that is now called the WFT, but hardly anyone really followed them that closely or had that much knowledge.

Once I moved here to Alabama I remember clear as day sitting at a restaurant at lunch near a full table of women (the type that would never have known anything about football in Washington), and these ladies were all talking about the Alabama football team offensive linemen (with impressive knowledge), talking about who had the best technique, who had the most potential, etc. I thought: I'm not in Kansas anymore ;)
That’s funny and true!
There is a joke about Bama Dads, if your daughter doesn’t know the difference between pass interference and defense holding, you have failed as a Father! Lol

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back