PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favorite interactions with casual fans

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so obviously, we're all different from normal fans. We're not better or anything we just know a lot more of the game, follow roster moves like it is an ovulation cycle, and all have gigantic penises. As a result, for better or worse, we're going to tend to have a more comprehensive view of the team's roster moves and performance that is pretty much incompatible with a casual "Hey how about the Pats, eh?" from some rando.

Ever had any amazing takes from casual fans?

I'm in New England at the moment and I was reduced to buying coffee at a gas station. On the way out the attendant noticed my Pat's shirt and was like 'how could they lose!'

I was like 'You know, you see it a lot, teams add a bunch of new players and it takes a while for them to gel. I think we'll be good enough at some point we could overcome turnovers but Mac is sometimes throwing to 4 guys who were all only added this offseason.'

He was like "Yeah, I think Belichick sees Mac and is trying to make him into the next Tom Brady."

Which, honestly, immediately made me picture Belichick and Mac alone in a darkened equipment closet. Belichick leaning in close and being all "That's right, drink the concussion water. Slowly.

Now say Rita. SAY IT."

Ok so obviously, we're all different from normal fans. We're not better or anything we just know a lot more of the game, follow roster moves like it is an ovulation cycle, and all have gigantic penises. As a result, for better or worse, we're going to tend to have a more comprehensive view of the team's roster moves and performance that is pretty much incompatible with a casual "Hey how about the Pats, eh?" from some rando.

I'm in New England at the moment and I was reduced to buying coffee at a gas station. On the way out the attendant noticed my Pat's shirt and was like 'how could they lose!'

I was like 'You know, you see it a lot, teams add a bunch of new players and it takes a while for them to gel. I think we'll be good enough at some point we could overcome turnovers but Mac is sometimes throwing to 4 guys who were all only added this offseason.'

He was like "Yeah, I think Belichick sees Mac and is trying to make him into the next Tom Brady."

Which, honestly, immediately made me picture Belichick and Mac alone in a darkened equipment closet. Belichick leaning in close and being all "That's right, drink the concussion water. Slowly.

Now say Rita. SAY IT."

When I see a dude wearing a Pats jersey at a gun store, I like to ask "What was AHern like in prison"

I see Patriots fans like Alabama college football fans!

Alabama football fan know all the stats of high schools 5* recruits just like Pats fan know everything about trades and roster moves.
"Roll Tide" is a greeting as is "Hey how about the Pats, eh?"

I have to disagree with you just a bit, we are better than others. We are the Winners in the World, the Pats and the Tide! LOL

I see Patriots fans like Alabama college football fans!

Alabama football fan know all the stats of high schools 5* recruits just like Pats fan know everything about trades and roster moves.
"Roll Tide" is a greeting as is "Hey how about the Pats, eh?"

I have to disagree with you just a bit, we are better than others. We are the Winners in the World, the Pats and the Tide! LOL
So you gonna see Pats play in ATL?

Most recent encounter (mind you I’m in NY) about 10 days ago. Walking out of a Dunkin’ in a strip mall as a Lexus SUV with its windows open was backing out of a nearby spot and there were 2 occupants: mid 40ish Soccer Mom in the driver’s seat and an early 20s tank top wearing seemingly lost young man in the passenger seat.

Said young man spots my Pats hat and leans across Mom and points at his Pats hat gesticulating with a number 1 with his index finger followed by a thumbs up as the car pulls away. Poor Mom, I think. I hope that’s her son and not the pool boy.

I carry my XL and my coffee to my car and see that the Pats mobile has circled the parking lot and is approaching me to exit the lot. The lad sticks his upper torso and tongue out the window like a Black Lab on a 90 degree afternoon and screams, “Mac Jones! I love Mac Jones! Yeah, Mac Jones!” I look at Mom and give her that knowing look all Moms live for and give the young man an “it is what it is.”

For better or worse, I'm like that not just with my Pats fandom, but with several different areas of interest that I have.

My friend once gave me the classic response, "I asked what time it was, not how a watch works!!!".

Don't ask me what I thought of Sunday's game unless you're ready for a full brain dump of pretty much the entire offseason, with bits and pieces of the entire Belichick Era thrown in, along with the key plays in Sunday's game to boot.

Now say Rita. SAY IT."
Bride Of Frankenstein Film GIF by hoppip

For better or worse, I'm like that not just with my Pats fandom, but with several different areas of interest that I have.

My friend once gave me the classic response, "I asked what time it was, not how a watch works!!!".

Don't ask me what I thought of Sunday's game unless you're ready for a full brain dump of pretty much the entire offseason, with bits and pieces of the entire Belichick Era thrown in, along with the key plays in Sunday's game to boot.
So what'd you think of the game?

Did she confuse you for a lesbian or something?

I thought Cara was off of solids.
No, I don’t believe she confused me for Cam Newton.

So you gonna see Pats play in ATL?
Yes of course! By that time in the season, they will be giving away Falcons tickets just to have people in the dome.

It might actually be as bad as it was when I was a kid here and the story was the Falcons were so bad, the police gave you Falcon tickets instead of speeding tickets.

I'm like "who the eff is Cara what's-her-face"?
Hahaha that was my reaction when I first saw it as well. Had no clue who she was. I saw a window to weave it into this thread, though, and had to take it.

Hahaha that was my reaction when I first saw it as well. Had no clue who she was. I saw a window to weave it into this thread, though, and had to take it.
Peg the Patriarchy at a Met Gala.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes