PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT ESPN cost cutting and layoffs

He's been bad for many years. He recently got heavily criticized for the way he handled the Wild Card game talking about something that had noting to do with the game (he routinely does this) while the Jaguars were attempting and making the game winning kick.

Just watched the ending, and he was babbling about the winner facing KC... Yeah no **** Al...

Fwiw there is a good YouTube channel that compiles all recent Patriots analysis and interview videos…it’s up to date within a couple hours. I’ll post the link here when when I’m in front of a computer (on cell now).

EDIT: not as up to date as I thought (maybe they are slacking) but still a somewhat ok compilation of different video sources...

Bloodbath today. Keyshawn Johnson, Suzy Kolber, Max Kellerman, Jalen Rose, Jeff Van Gundy all let go. Wow.

It hasn't helped that their Marvel "product" absolutely sucks now.
It's amazing these outfits hire people they call "creatives" and the best they can come up with is recycling content from 40 to 80 years ago.

Steve Young, Matt Hasselbeck gone too.

Steve Young, Matt Hasselbeck gone too.
“He’s just mad because he can’t be Joe Montana,” said Edelman, a native of Northern California. “I love Steve Young to death, but he’s the biggest hypocrite of all. He just keeps crapping on us. I was a Niners fan growing up. I loved Joe Montana to death — he was my childhood hero. Steve Young’s just mad because he couldn’t get more than one [ring].”

The only time I've watched BSPN in decades is when they've provided the feed for Pats games on over-the-air TV.

I've never understood why they've had so many old players dressed up in suits and acting as if what they were saying was relevant or interesting.

It's time for a changing of the guard.

Bloodbath today. Keyshawn Johnson, Suzy Kolber, Max Kellerman, Jalen Rose, Jeff Van Gundy all let go. Wow.
Yikes.

Suzy is the only one I have a bit of a reaction to as shes been with the network since I got married 27 years ago.

Hope she saved her pennies and can retire gracefully.

I may have missed some info earlier but does anybody know what is actually happening...is this just a clear out and a slim down service supplied by ESPN ?......Are ESPN going to cut back on sports broadcasting etc ???

Just cut this from the web news

ESPN's parent company The Walt Disney Co. has been undergoing a financial retrenchment as it seeks a more profitable footing in streaming and tries to navigate a difficult advertising environment and a declining linear TV business. As part of that, the company has cut 7,000 jobs over the past couple of months.

I was thinking about signing up to ESPN to see college football but may wait and see now ?

Just cut this from the web news

ESPN's parent company The Walt Disney Co. has been undergoing a financial retrenchment as it seeks a more profitable footing in streaming and tries to navigate a difficult advertising environment and a declining linear TV business. As part of that, the company has cut 7,000 jobs over the past couple of months.

I was thinking about signing up to ESPN to see college football but may wait and see now ?
Without knowing all the details I'm guessing a lot of these tv personalities get paid like rock stars. Truth is very few (if any) have a unique draw/talent that isn't replaceable.

Max "Cliff" Kellerman might be out too? Wow
Max fell off the cliff ?

Suzy Kolber out??? Disney behind the restructures??? Yup...HERE'S their new NFL analyst going into the 2023 season...

NYPICHPDPICT000009307459.jpg

Yikes.

Suzy is the only one I have a bit of a reaction to as shes been with the network since I got married 27 years ago.

Hope she saved her pennies and can retire gracefully.

If she didn't, I'm sure Joe Willy will offer her a job as his Sugar Baby.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back