PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Emmanual Sanders Hasn't Had Contract Talks With 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at the Patriots offense right now, and I'm really not sure what the hell I'm seeing. But I'm sure that I don't like it. With Brady essentially a FA, we're currently looking at:

No QB
1 Wr, with the possibility of another depending on a post-op bounce back
No TE
Questionable RB1
Question marks at every single OL position
FBs who might, or might not, be coming back after season ending injuries

Realistically, the only position that's not a problem or question is the 3dRB spot.
And, given that, I hope that this team is keeping a very watchful eye on players like Sanders. But, having said that, "players like Sanders" doesn't necessarily mean Sanders himself.

That is such a cold splash of water in the face. Wow.

and here’s another one right back at you. if sanders plays for us in 2017, do the pats beat the eagles, especially with edelman hurt?

Does Sanders sub in at CB Edelman style?:D

Though, winning 5 SBs in a row would be pretty good for his HOF resume. Especially if he played one at CB :p

Reactions: Ian
Yeah...the Steelers have been pretty successful with that position. That's been the one area where this team has had little success and the results definitely speak for themselves. Although it's bizarre, everyone one of them has simply been snakebitten with some injury that killed off their careers. From Aaron Dobson (foot) to Malcolm Mitchell (knee), it's been crazy. Last season saw N'Keal Harry also go down and he never really got back on track. One can hope that a full offseason of recovery will help him take a step forward this season. It definitely makes you wonder how a team can really be that unlucky.

But man...they just haven't caught any breaks at all. Dobson wasn't as bad as people made him out to be and it was injuries that ultimately derailed him. We know what Mitchell was...that was disappointing. And those are just the higher-picked guys recently who at least sort of contributed. The guys who were each busts - who I won't get into here - are an entirely different story.

But it's pretty insane how little luck they've really had there compared to other teams.
It is NOT being "snake-bitten" or "unlucky" or "not catching any breaks" that has caused the Pats to have what must be the Worst track record in the entire league of drafting & developing WR talent over the past 17 (post-2002) years...

That is such a cold splash of water in the face. Wow.

Yeah, it's why I laugh at people who belittle Brady's play last season. Patsfans, along with the entire extended NFL community, wildly underestimated just how bad things were around him.

This may be unpopular, but you have to look at Brady, who basically refuses to throw to rookies, as part of the issue.
He even said so himself,...that he prefers veteran receivers.
IMHO it's his one major flaw.

It's not just bad luck that the Pats can't draft or develop receivers.

This may be unpopular, but you have to look at Brady, who basically refuses to throw to rookies, as part of the issue.
He even said so himself,...that he prefers veteran receivers.
IMHO it's his one major flaw.

It's not just bad luck that the Pats can't draft or develop receivers.

Trying to put blame on Brady for this is asinine.

Of course QBs prefer veteran receivers. Veteran receivers know what they are doing.

and here’s another one right back at you. if sanders plays for us in 2017, do the pats beat the eagles, especially with edelman hurt?

I still say no. Brady threw for 505 yards setting a record, we just couldn't stop anything. Offense was not the problem that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News