PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Earl Thomas might not be with the Ravens for much longer [8/23 update: released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a legal publication weighing in:

Stage Is Set For Earl Thomas To File A $10 Million Grievance Against The Ravens

Any grievance process will focus on the specific conduct detrimental definition language within Thomas’s contract as well as how the Ravens organization has responded toward players who have committed similar acts in the past. Thomas happens to have what is considered to be a player-friendly conduct detrimental clause, which allows for guaranteed money to be voided in the instance that he is suspended, whereas less player-friendly provisions sometimes permit teams to get out of such monetary obligations if a player is merely fined. It does not appear that Thomas was ever technically suspended prior to his contract being terminated.

Putting issues surrounding suspension aside, the Ravens could have a tough case on their hands due to the fact that fights during practice are common and rarely acted upon. In fact, the Ravens organization has a history of shrugging off such altercations without imposing any discipline on those involved in the acts.

For instance, in 2016, fights broke out during Ravens team drills, with at least one of those fights resulting in a player suffering a minor injury. Ravens coach John Harbaugh did not mind the fighting and is quoted as stating, “this is what it’s all about … this is football, and we’ve got to build a football team, and we’ve got a bunch of young guys that like to play and want to get after it and have a lot of pride.”

Looks like dipshit Harbaugh is going to wind up eating his hot air.

Last edited:
What has Newton ever did or say that lead you to believe he should be checked for CTE. I never thought that CTE made you dress weird for a press conference.

No single thing. Other poster raised the issue as it relates to aberrant behaviour and Earl Thomas...if it's fair to ask this about Earl due to aberrant behaviour, it's fair to ask it about Cam as well -- his behaviour and appearance have changed dramatically over time.

No single thing. Other poster raised the issue as it relates to aberrant behaviour and Earl Thomas...if it's fair to ask this about Earl due to aberrant behaviour, it's fair to ask it about Cam as well -- his behaviour and appearance have changed dramatically over time.

His appearance? You mean he is not 22 anymore and he acts different at 30. As far as behavior, I think he acts like a proverbial a millionaire athlete.

For instance, in 2016, fights broke out during Ravens team drills, with at least one of those fights resulting in a player suffering a minor injury. Ravens coach John Harbaugh did not mind the fighting and is quoted as stating, “this is what it’s all about … this is football, and we’ve got to build a football team, and we’ve got a bunch of young guys that like to play and want to get after it and have a lot of pride.”

Looks like dipshit Harbaugh is going to wind up eating his hot air.

The sucker-punch Earl threw was simply the final straw.

Effectively his teammates expelled him and for that to happen to a player of his calibre is a clear signal that the guy has a long rap-sheet of improprieties and is a cancer whose presence hurts more than it helps.

We shall see if the Ravens prevail or lose but to blame the cut on a single skirmish during practice is completely off-base.

EDIT: What a pitiful article that was.

Author says: The Ravens have not provided any specificity surrounding the basis for the franchise’s claim that Thomas’s personal conduct adversely affected the organization, but it is assumed that it was mainly the result of fighting with a teammate in practice.

Last part of that sentence is one of the more ludicrous things I've ever seen put into print --- for the author to make that "assumption" he has to be to be a complete dummy.

Last edited:
You mean he is not 22 anymore and he acts different at 30.

Well yeah, that's it.

What do you figure is a normal behavioural progression from age 22 to age 30 for a young man like Cam?

Last edited:
The sucker-punch Earl threw was simply the final straw.

Effectively his teammates expelled him and for that to happen to a player of his calibre is a clear signal that the guy has a long rap-sheet of improprieties and is a cancer whose presence hurts more than it helps.

We shall see if the Ravens prevail or lose but to blame the cut on a single skirmish during practice is completely off-base.

EDIT: What a pitiful article that was.

Author says: The Ravens have not provided any specificity surrounding the basis for the franchise’s claim that Thomas’s personal conduct adversely affected the organization, but it is assumed that it was mainly the result of fighting with a teammate in practice.

Last part of that sentence is one of the more ludicrous things I've ever seen put into print --- for the author to make that "assumption" he has to be to be a complete dummy.

you are a ratbirds fan troll aren't you, trying to pass yourself off as a Patriots fan.

you spend way too much energy defending that criminal enterprise masquerading as a football team not to be anything but...

ratbirds are going to have to eat that 15 million dollars, 5 this year, 10 next ... we all know that they released him due to buyers remorse, and used the fight as an excuse... by all measuring sticks, they over reacted like the petulant whiny child the hc is ... nothing earl thomas did rose to the level that a normal person would consider conduct detrimental

Last edited:
I'm not interested in having him become a Patriot...

unless Belichick wants him, then I'm highly enthusiastic.

I'm not interested in having him become a Patriot...

unless Belichick wants him, then I'm highly enthusiastic.
Yeah, many on this board will bash players to death, until we acquire them, then they’ll sing his praises. Hypocrisy at its’ finest...

I don’t condone his shenanigans; however, Earl is a very good football player. If BB is interested, count me in & let’s win some football games. Simple as that.

Last edited:
you are a ratbirds fan troll aren't you...

nothing earl thomas did rose to the level that a normal person would consider conduct detrimental

Def not, simply calling ball & strikes as I see them.

We shall see, they say the verdict should come quickly.

Sounds like nobody wants him.

Well yeah, that's it.

What do you figure is a normal behavioural progression from age 22 to age 30 for a young man like Cam?

there is no "normal" all of a sudden becoming a millionaire with microphones thrust in your face throws out any semblance of normal. Nothing in his behavior would prevent me for giving him a couple of mill to pay for the pats.
Has some of his behavior would cause me pause if he was getting 3 and 55 like thomas, yeah., but he can wear a batman outfit for the postgame at 2 mill and I will laugh.

Some reporters saying teams are lining up to sign Thomas.

there is no "normal" all of a sudden becoming a millionaire with microphones thrust in your face throws out any semblance of normal. Nothing in his behavior would prevent me for giving him a couple of mill to pay for the pats.
Has some of his behavior would cause me pause if he was getting 3 and 55 like thomas, yeah., but he can wear a batman outfit for the postgame at 2 mill and I will laugh.

Gotcha.
Given the paltry pay-package even if health driven abnormal behaviour might be present you're cool with assuming the risk.
I get that.

View attachment 28301

Last edited:

Interesting...,.THAT is "one of the most ludicrous things" you've ever seen in print? You must have been in a coma for Mort the Snort and "all balls TWO POUNDS UNDER!!!!!!!!" which is the PARADIGM of ludicrity.

Yeah, many on this board will bash players to death, until we acquire them, then they’ll sing his praises. Hypocrisy at its’ finest...

I don’t condone his shenanigans; however, Earl is a very good football player. If BB is interested, count me in & let’s win some football games. Simple as that.

I'm not sure that's true anymore, and suspect a drop off in performance is part of the reason the Ravens let him go. Also, the Pats have a very good defensive backfield that's got some chemistry now, and Thomas is apparently not someone to change his behavior to fit in.

I'm not sure that's true anymore, and suspect a drop off in performance is part of the reason the Ravens let him go. Also, the Pats have a very good defensive backfield that's got some chemistry now, and Thomas is apparently not someone to change his behavior to fit in.
C’mon bruh..he may not be “great” anymore (notice I didn’t say great), but he’s still a very good player. He’s nowhere near “washed up/can’t play.” Also, people would be excited (though a bit apprehensive initially) to have him here in NE. It’s always the same story (AB, Newton, Moss, Gordon etc etc). Bash the player when he’s not a member of the team, he’s acquired, then they’re the greatest thing on the planet. If Thomas was sought after and acquired by BB, posters would be counting the innumerable ways he’d affect/improve the defensive schemes/formations. As they should..

Last edited:

ET has not been a better FS than DMac since the end of the 2015 season while at the same time being considerably less versatile than Devin for their entire career. That season in 2015 is also the last time he played through a full regular season slate.

At his peak from 2012-2014 his FS play in Seattle was absolutely amazing but that's as far in the past as the last time Josh Gordon showing up.

We have neither the space nor the need on the roster anyway so its a moot point but for the sake of argument I'd take Logan Ryan and his respective salary over Earl Thomas and all the off field baggage at his price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes