PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins might be closing in on a deal for Deshaun Watson (edit: or not)

I hope it doesn’t happen. He’d be an immediate upgrade from Tua. There’s no way the NFL suspends one of the faces of the league long term.

1. Traded to a new city.
2. Settlement with accusers.
3. 8 game suspension with “more to be added on if appropriate” as criminal charges conclude (won’t be convicted of anything big.)
4. Becomes very religious.
5. Gets married to a virtuous Christian woman.
6. Resumes career some time in 2022.

1. Traded to a new city.
3. 8 game suspension with “more to be added on if appropriate” as criminal charges conclude (won’t be convicted of anything big.)
You nailed it. You are a smart cookie

1. Traded to a new city.
Probably like a 2 game suspension

You play whomever is on your schedule. If they want to be a playoff team they'll need to take care of the division and that might involve beating Deshaun Watson as a Miami Dolphin at some point in the future.

If the team is worth their salt they'll welcome the challenge and rise to it, not wring their hands like no-hopers because they have to play against a good quarterback. Bring it.

Probably like a 2 game suspension

I think it could be a far longer suspension than you and others suspect. The league is getting a lot of crap from sweeping the sexual harassment investigation of the Washington Football Team under the rug. They could make Watson an example by coming down hard on him to show they are tough on people who sexually harass or assault women.

You play whomever is on your schedule. If they want to be a playoff team they'll need to take care of the division and that might involve beating Deshaun Watson as a Miami Dolphin at some point in the future.

If the team is worth their salt they'll welcome the challenge and rise to it, not wring their hands like no-hopers because they have to play against a good quarterback. Bring it.

Yeah, I actually welcome Watson to the division. I would rather have a competitive division anyway. It makes the season more exciting. We have just gotten too used to the Patriots pretty much locking up the division by late November and early October. It was more exciting in the early dynasty days where there was at least one team in the division that actually contended for the division title.

Good for Miami. They have a ton of draft capitol unlike the Pats who lose multiple picks to poor decision making. I'll bet Watson plays at least 1 game this season for the Phins...

I still think the league lets him play this year. A blockbuster trade will take the headlines away from the emails and other things going on regardless of the optics.

1. Traded to a new city.
7. Buys a boat, goes 12.1 nautical miles offshore ..................... to achieve muscle recovery

I still think the league lets him play this year. A blockbuster trade will take the headlines away from the emails and other things going on regardless of the optics.

Will it? Or will it make it explode? First, the league sweeps the results of a sexual harassment investigation of the Washington Football Team under the rug and then they let a player with 22 sexual assault/rape allegations play while he is still being sued, under criminal investigation, and under league investigation? The NFL will immediately become the next Harvey Weinstein as the epicenter of the #metoo movement.

The email stuff is already dying down. In a week or two, it will be totally gone from the media all together. You let Watson play this year with nothing resolved immediately could blow back up the emails and Watson's sexual assault allegations into a monster combined story. People start asking if the NFL has developed a culture where they encourage men to treat women as sex objects.

I don't see any way the NFL lets Watson play until this whole thing is resolved. It is too much of a PR nightmare dealing with subjects that the league is already sensitive about their image. It will also put more pressure on them to release all the emails which could even cause even more problems for them.

Pats should be at the table. If for no other reason than to make the Dolphins get taken to the cleaners

Whatever.

Watson is talented and does well vs us but has yet to prove he knows how to win.
I think this. We should want Miami to give up that much to get him because he will have to stand on his head to get wins there. I'm not impressed with his stats from last year it remined me of garbage time Brees. He's a great QB don't get me wrong but from the outside he looks mentally weak with how he's handling all this and if he goes to Miami and they suck he might take his ball and go home and that would only leave the Bills for us to beat.

I have to believe that the owners are talking with the NFL before pulling the trigger. If the trade goes down, expect Watson back next year at the latest.

I have to believe that the owners are talking with the NFL before pulling the trigger. If the trade goes down, expect Watson back next year at the latest.

But this is why I would never touch Watson before his issues are resolved. Goodell could assure Stephen Ross that he will only give Watson a six game suspension or something like that but then in a month or two something explosive comes out about this and forces Goodell to give him a far harsher punishment. Or something with the Washington Team's sexual harassment case explodes and Goodell decides to make Watson a sacrificial lamb to show the league is tough on people who harass or assault women without Goodell being too harsh on one of the owners.

There is just way too much unknown here to risk what you would have to give up for Watson before all this plays out.

But this is why I would never touch Watson before his issues are resolved. Goodell could assure Stephen Ross that he will only give Watson a six game suspension or something like that but then in a month or two something explosive comes out about this and forces Goodell to give him a far harsher punishment. Or something with the Washington Team's sexual harassment case explodes and Goodell decides to make Watson a sacrificial lamb to show the league is tough on people who harass or assault women without Goodell being too harsh on one of the owners.

There is just way too much unknown here to risk what you would have to give up for Watson before all this plays out.
It's clearly a desperation move, I agree.

1. Traded to a new city.
People love the religious. You're spot on.

I think this. We should want Miami to give up that much to get him because he will have to stand on his head to get wins there. I'm not impressed with his stats from last year it remined me of garbage time Brees. He's a great QB don't get me wrong but from the outside he looks mentally weak with how he's handling all this and if he goes to Miami and they suck he might take his ball and go home and that would only leave the Bills for us to beat.
yep. Unless he gets the off the field act together he'll flame out.

Then Flo will get fired and he'll be back here as DC.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back