PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • It's more his family

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • It's Andy Reid

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • He is rebelling against the worst fanbase in all of sports

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
Is this the same poster that had a pic of Brady getting tackled by the Giants in the 2007 SB as his signature?

I can't tell what the f*** is going on with his agenda. There isn't a "patriots fan" on this planet that has a picture like that as their signature, or anything even remotely related to the Giants team we lost in heartbreaking fashion to.

And now this thread appears to have been ostensibly derailed by someone championing Montana over Brady -- a thread about the Chiefs?

The @mods pick some weird stuff to thread ban and then let stuff like this perpetually stink up the forum. I'm kind of at a loss.
Yes it was his signature. He thinks everyone is stupid. He's recently tried to redeem himself from obvious trolling by pretending to have an "honest discussion" but its dominated with nothing but negative Brady plays and mistakes. Maybe a mod warned him to stop the outright trolling and he thinks he can sneak his agenda by this way. The jokes on him. Despite the whining and crying and his petition to get all Brady references exiled to Siberia where all memories of him would fade away he practically dominated discussions there and has resurrected it here in the main forum. LMAO.

Is this the same poster that had a pic of Brady getting tackled by the Giants in the 2007 SB as his signature?

I can't tell what the f*** is going on with his agenda. There isn't a "patriots fan" on this planet that has a picture like that as their signature, or anything even remotely related to the Giants team we lost in heartbreaking fashion to.

And now this thread appears to have been ostensibly derailed by someone championing Montana over Brady -- a thread about the Chiefs?

The @mods pick some weird stuff to thread ban and then let stuff like this perpetually stink up the forum. I'm kind of at a loss.
Yup. That’s him. Roots for every D.C.-based team with the exception of the Patriots. That fatso is a front-runner.

Yup. That’s him. Roots for every D.C.-based team with the exception of the Patriots. That fatso is a front-runner.

Front-walker. Not sure there is much running going on.

Where nancy boy at?

businessman-scared-under-table-frightened-260nw-741967471.jpg

That's "bailing Montana out?" That's just the style of the Niners and more particularly the era of football in which Montana played. The 80s niners were a run first team. The 2010s Patriots were a pass-first team. I mean Malcolm Butler bailed Brady out in a big way...
The 49ers threw the ball more than any other team in the 1980s. By a lot. It was their entire offense.

They didn't start changing their fortunes from one-and-dones until Walsh decided to lean on Roger Craig a lot more.

"Run First team". I submit you never saw a 49ers game, if you really think that's the case.

If Malcolm Butler bailed out Brady than Lewis Billups of the Bengals did more than bail out Montana. He dropped the easiest of easy pick 6 INT's ever thrown (from the guy who never threw a SB pick). When Brady was "bailed out" by Butler, he had put up 28 points on the best D in the league. When Billups bailed out Montana, Joe Coooool had only amassed 6 points in the 4th quarter against the Bengals. Mind you, he had Rice and Taylor at WR. Which play was a bigger bail out? A 20 - 6 loss to the Bengals on a pick 6 (and a 3-1 SB record) would look real different. This BS what if game is easy to play.

And to stay on topic...I get major wood when Mahomes throws sidearm.

When he jumps in the air and throws sidearm? Full ejaculatory moment for me.

If Malcolm Butler bailed out Brady than Lewis Billups of the Bengals did more than bail out Montana. He dropped the easiest of easy pick 6 INT's ever thrown (from the guy who never threw a SB pick). When Brady was "bailed out" by Butler, he had put up 28 points on the best D in the league. When Billups bailed out Montana, Joe Coooool had only amassed 6 points in the 4th quarter against the Bengals. Mind you, he had Rice and Taylor at WR. Which play was a bigger bail out? A 20 - 6 loss to the Bengals on a pick 6 (and a 3-1 SB record) would look real different. This BS what if game is easy to play.
Butler interception saved Belichicks/Patricia defense more than anything. Before 49 Brady had led two drives un 42 and 46 where he left the team just one stop away from being champion. Obviously Tyree and Manningham happened, but it was about to happen again another Brady game winning drive with just one defensive stop left. Then Kearse happened and I remember sinking to my chair and shaking my head until the greatest play in Superbowl history happened.

The 49ers threw the ball more than any other team in the 1980s. By a lot. It was their entire offense.

They didn't start changing their fortunes from one-and-dones until Walsh decided to lean on Roger Craig a lot more.

"Run First team". I submit you never saw a 49ers game, if you really think that's the case.

The 1980s 49ers had 4770 rushing attempts, while Montana had 4000 pass attempts during this time period. And yes, Montana threw the ball more than his peers but that is because he was one of the few top QBs whose career spanned across the decade. Elway, Marino, and Moon started their NFL careers mid-way through the decade.

And just as a point of comparison, Montana only had 2 seasons with 500 or more passing attempts. On the other hand, Brady had 16 seasons with 500 or more passing attempts. This is why it is futile to compare stats across eras.

Last edited:
Butler interception saved Belichicks/Patricia defense more than anything. Before 49 Brady had led two drives un 42 and 46 where he left the team just one stop away from being champion. Obviously Tyree and Manningham happened, but it was about to happen again another Brady game winning drive with just one defensive stop left. Then Kearse happened and I remember sinking to my chair and shaking my head until the greatest play in Superbowl history happened.

You can't score fewer than 20 points and expect to win a super bowl, especially if your offense the top offense in the league. In both Giants SBs, Brady had the ball last.

You can't score fewer than 20 points and expect to win a super bowl, especially if your offense the top offense in the league. In both Giants SBs, Brady had the ball last.
You blame everything on Brady when the Pats arent perfect and give everyone else credit when they are good. Fraud troll.

If your going to rip Brady for having the ball last in those Giants SBs (with roughly 35 and 58 secs left in the game) at least show that same energy towards the defense who blew the leads on their last defensive series.

Sorry my mistake in 46 the offense just stalled after the touchdown to make it 17-9. So to your credit 46 I would put the blame mostly on the offense. 42 though I think the offense did enough the way that game was going. 1 defensive stop that's all that was needed in the end.

If your going to rip Brady for having the ball last in those Giants SBs (with roughly 35 and 58 secs left in the game) at least show that same energy towards the defense who blew the leads on their last defensive series.
Screenshot_20220216-090404_ESPN.jpg
46 I do blame mostly the offense. It just stalled

View attachment 41221
46 I do blame mostly the offense. It just stalled
True the 2nd half wasn’t pretty offensively but I’ll go to my grave thinking that welker should’ve had that catch. Could’ve been 24-15 or 20-15 with some more clock being chewed making it tougher for NY to get a go ahead TD.

Still the defense couldn’t get a stop when it mattered giving up a 90 yard drive.

The defense did what it could in both SB 42 and 46. They held their opponent to around 20 points. In the 2007 regular season game the Pats D gave up 35 points to the Giants and had a major improvement in the SB. On the other hand, the offense scored 38 points vs the giants and then cratered in the SB. In SB 42, Brady also had the ball at the end of the first half at midfield when he fumbled. They were within 15-20 yards of FG range. A FG there would have been handy at the end.

Last edited:
True the 2nd half wasn’t pretty offensively but I’ll go to my grave thinking that welker should’ve had that catch. Could’ve been 24-15 or 20-15 with some more clock being chewed making it tougher for NY to get a go ahead TD.

Still the defense couldn’t get a stop when it mattered giving up a 90 yard drive.
The 46 defense was historically bad during the regular season I think at one point Edelman had some CB reps. While I do agree they just needed 1 stop I still think they did enough to win that game. Offense just couldn't get it done.

The defense did what it could in both SB 42 and 46. They held their opponent to around 20 points. In the 2007 regular season game the Pats D gave up 35 points to the Giants and had a major improvement in the SB. On the other hand, the offense scored 38 points vs the giants and then cratered in the SB. In SB 42, Brady also had the ball at the end of the first half at midfield when he fumbled. They were within 15-20 yards of FG range. A FG there would have been handy at the end.
By the way, this is why nobody believes that you were a Pats fan since birth. Imagine calling yourself a fan and then trying to rub that game in the noses of other fans in an attempt to denigrate Brady.

The defense did what it could in both SB 42 and 46. They held their opponent to around 20 points. In the 2007 regular season game the Pats D gave up 35 points to the Giants and had a major improvement in the SB. On the other hand, the offense scored 38 points vs the giants and then cratered in the SB. In SB 42, Brady also had the ball at the end of the first half at midfield when he fumbled. They were within 15-20 yards of FG range.

There was definitely plays in both games that Brady would like to have back. Of his 10 title games I’d say they were his 2 worst. The NYG gave us fits.

But in 42 TB got us the lead late. And the defense couldn’t hold the lead. In 46 if welker makes the catch there was a pretty good chance we split the SB series with NY. Instead we punt and again the defense couldnt hold late.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back