PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Conor McDermott - 6th rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, he spells it Conchobhar Mac Diarmada? ;)

As a one-n Conor who has to constantly deal with this disgraceful misspelling in every communication, it is not a laughing matter. :mad:

As a one-n Conor who has to constantly deal with this disgraceful misspelling in every communication, it is not a laughing matter. :mad:

What really gets me isn't Connor, but Conner. As in "these are my sons, Conner, Grifter and Scammer."

(Conner is twice as common as Conor in the U.S. today. You have my condolences.)

What really gets me isn't Connor, but Conner. As in "these are my sons, Conner, Grifter and Scammer."

(Conner is twice as common as Conor in the U.S. today. You have my condolences.)
Which would you rather be, a Conner or a Connee?

:D

Last edited:
From Reiss:

UCLA offensive tackle Conor McDermott (211th, sixth round): One line of thinking is that this was a pick heavily influenced by offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who has a strong track record developing prospects. Scouts had concern with McDermott’s performance against Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett (No. 1 overall pick) early last season. “He got destroyed,” one evaluator said. “But Garrett does that to a lot of guys.” McDermott is tall (6-foot-8 1/8) and scouts have questions about his athleticism and strength. Yet if Scarnecchia signed off on him, with a vision of what he could become developmentally, it would explain why the Patriots traded up to draft him, because Scarnecchia's opinion carries significant weight in the organization.

From Reiss:

UCLA offensive tackle Conor McDermott (211th, sixth round): One line of thinking is that this was a pick heavily influenced by offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who has a strong track record developing prospects. Scouts had concern with McDermott’s performance against Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett (No. 1 overall pick) early last season. “He got destroyed,” one evaluator said. “But Garrett does that to a lot of guys.” McDermott is tall (6-foot-8 1/8) and scouts have questions about his athleticism and strength. Yet if Scarnecchia signed off on him, with a vision of what he could become developmentally, it would explain why the Patriots traded up to draft him, because Scarnecchia's opinion carries significant weight in the organization.

Dante has a strong history of personally working out -- and then lobbying for -- mobile OTs who are "too tall." Solder and Vollmer were both 6'8" as well (and UDFA Max Rich is nearly there).

Garcia, McDermott and Rich give him the best collection of raw OT material to work with in years. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Dante has a strong history of personally working out -- and then lobbying for -- mobile OTs who are "too tall." Solder and Vollmer were both 6'8" as well (and UDFA Max Rich is nearly there).

Garcia, McDermott and Rich give him the best collection of raw OT material to work with in years. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Let's just hope they're not 3 more Jordan Deveys. He sure was a physical specimen...was also the single worst player I've ever seen in a Patriots uniform.

Let's just hope they're not 3 more Jordan Deveys. He sure was a physical specimen...was also the single worst player I've ever seen in a Patriots uniform.
They didn't draft Jordan Devey.

They didn't draft Jordan Devey.

The team seemed to love him though, probably for the same reason. That was the Gugs era though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes