PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Commanders not picking up Chase Young's Option

Between Sweat, Young, and Payne they were going to have to decide which two of the three they wanted to keep. Might be a decent opportunity to acquire a young talent for a low cost.

He has missed most of the last two years. I also wonder if new ownership has anything to do with it. Since they are not in the building and may not have all the access to his medical reports they need, they might have decided to pass to be safer than sorry.

We certainly can afford him
14 plus a mid rd pick for 18 and chase young ?

Between Sweat, Young, and Payne they were going to have to decide which two of the three they wanted to keep. Might be a decent opportunity to acquire a young talent for a low cost.
no pun intended righ

He's been very underwhelming.

Only 27 games played over 3 years. And only 9 sacks in those 27 games, for a supposed elite, blue chip pass rusher.

I wouldn't be picking up the 5th year option either. Nor would I be trading for him.

He has missed most of the last two years. I also wonder if new ownership has anything to do with it. Since they are not in the building and may not have all the access to his medical reports they need, they might have decided to pass to be safer than sorry.
AFAIK sale hasn’t closed yet. Last I saw they were still trolling for competing offers. So doubt that‘s a factor in player personnel decisions.

He had an outstanding rookie year iirc, I'd give up one of the lower 4th 's for him. This is the kind of guy you take a shot with.

We certainly can afford him
14 plus a mid rd pick for 18 and chase young ?
NO!

dropping 4 spots for a guy who has played 27 of his 50 games since coming into the league, eating 5.3 million on cap space for the privileged to see him on the IR all season? come on...

add the skins second next year and then we can talk

NO!

dropping 4 spots for a guy who has played 27 of his 50 games since coming into the league, eating 5.3 million on cap space for the privileged to see him on the IR all season? come on...

add the skins second next year and then we can talk
Hey Chase Young was the #2 overall pick for a reason he's been a mash unit on a bad franchise...what's not to like this time around? Maybe we might get that player they hoped for I mean it took Uche a while to come around. A pass rusher is a pass rusher you need that in the AFC I am interested look at our upcoming Schedule.

Hey Chase Young was the #2 overall pick for a reason he's been a mash unit on a bad franchise...what's not to like this time around? Maybe we might get that player they hoped for I mean it took Uche a while to come around. A pass rusher is a pass rusher you need that in the AFC I am interested look at our upcoming Schedule.
dont have a problem going after him

do have a problem overpaying for a one year rental ... and yes dropping 4 spots in the draft is over paying for him all things considered... one more season at the 4077th, and then you are potentially looking at a prove it deal for him...

Sounded like his knee injury was still a factor last season and it appears they're not picking up his option:

Yeah... it's unfortunate. The guys a beast of the edge. They say it takes 18-24 months for guys to get back to themselves after injury.

Yeah... it's unfortunate. The guys a beast of the edge. They say it takes 18-24 months for guys to get back to themselves after injury.
Well Uche is probably getting Franchised or bye bye. I would kick the tires on Young if he's healthy to see what kind of player he is.

Way too injury prone.

Well Uche is probably getting Franchised or bye bye. I would kick the tires on Young if he's healthy to see what kind of player he is.
Yeah I can see that happening.. I mean thuney was franchised in a rebuild year.. we are in the draft em, maximize them on thier rookie deals years.. let then walk. I never really cared to much about the cap.. if a team wants to pay a player they will regardless. I would definitely take a chance on young.. I think he came back to early.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back