PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

All of the HC jobs are filled, and the rest of the coordinators shouldn’t take long. Then the fun part, seeing if the Patriots add any assistants who were fired or non-renewed from other teams.

So... McVay is sticking around or he's going to "step away" at some point later in the process, hamstringing the team even further?

Edit: Never mind, he confirmed he's staying.

Last edited:
tough for SB loser to lose 2 coord's, while KC keeps their guys and has a good chance to compete again in the AFC.
I don't think Eagles will make it that far again next year. It'll be 49ers or (gulp) Cowboys.

tough for SB loser to lose 2 coord's, while KC keeps their guys and has a good chance to compete again in the AFC.
I don't think Eagles will make it that far again next year. It'll be 49ers or (gulp) Cowboys.
thats because everyone knows its Andy Reid

Philly Radio and Rapp said they almost Made him HC last time around are very Impressed with him and will make a run at him to replace Gannon.
They don’t think they will get him but it was quote would be a dream for them unquote.

Tell them to take a hike.

It’s nice of them to interview Covington, but he’s not getting the job.

Hopefully, Covington will feel a sense of loyalty to Bill and will also decide that at the age of 33 he will have similar (and potentially better) opportunities in the not-so-distant future and that he will be better served by another year or two of seasoning.

Finally, he is smart guy, so he should recognize that Gannon will likely be calling the plays on defense next year….a defense that gave up the second most points in the league in 2022. If he wants to make a name for himself as a DC and eventually put himself in position to be a HC candidate, joining a team with an offensive-minded head coach seems like a better move to me.

Dang his relationship with Monti could hurt us.
Our staff is already very light.

Hope that Pats can find a role for him. I wonder if Bill saw this coming and used the OC interview as the way to reconnect and lay the groundwork for a different role with the Pats. Doubtful that he would displace Troy.

Excellent. Covington should be back next year.

Hope that Pats can find a role for him. I wonder if Bill saw this coming and used the OC interview as the way to reconnect and lay the groundwork for a different role with the Pats. Doubtful that he would displace Troy.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back