PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Clock Ticking on Russell Wilson for the Broncos? - By Ian Logue

Holy smokes. That’s bad

8th highest dead cap number in the league for the soon to be 35 year old Wilson. Adding further salt to the wound; the 7 ahead of him are all on the right side of 30

Does anyone remember anyone here wanting him to come here? I don’t but could u imagine if he came here and shat the bed like he is in Denver? Sand gets in the vag around here just when Mac tosses a few int…imagine if rw was here…

One thing I read that I left out was the fact that the belief appears to be that if things continue to go south that Payton will likely insinuate they’re tanking without saying it to save face and go that route rather than accepting blame for the team’s poor performance, with Wilson obviously taking the brunt of it. Just an ugly situation out there right now.

Last edited:
I feel like someone should start a "What would you pay Mac Jones to extend him right now" thread. I can't believe how much money is just being shoveled into a furnace for QBs. Scratch that - at least a furnace has purpose and keeps you warm. Some of this money is just going into a black hole of sadness.

One thing I read that I left out was the fact that the belief appears to be that if things continue to go south that Payton will likely insinuate they’re tanking without saying it and go that route to save face rather than accepting blame for the team’s poor performance, with Wilson obviously taking the brunt of it. Just an ugly situation out there right now.
Somewhere Nathanial Hackett is enjoying a huge bowl of schadenfreude after Payton's comment about last year's coaching job...... Hackett's probably thinking. " at least we didnt give up 70"
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/sean-payton-broncos-blasts-nathaniel-hackett

KArma is a b*tch.......

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Wilson was a hot commodity when he hit the market... both the bears and redskins offered 3 first round picks... he wouldn't waive the no trade clause for Washington though...

@Ian still think 2 firsts and Mac for Herbert is too high?

I feel like someone should start a "What would you pay Mac Jones to extend him right now" thread. I can't believe how much money is just being shoveled into a furnace for QBs. Scratch that - at least a furnace has purpose and keeps you warm. Some of this money is just going into a black hole of sadness.
Mahomes second contract when he signed for $500 mil/$45 mil per year forever changed the QB salary landscape. At the time, ironically, Wilson was the highest paid QB at $35 mil per year. The Chiefs paid Mahomes $10 mil more which has never happened before. Normally the next guy in line gets $1-3 mil more not 10. The ballooning QB salaries has now made it nearly impossible to sign any other good/great players. The Chiefs already punted on Hill and now Jones who is playing in his last season for them. The same reality exists now for the Ravens, Bengals and Chargers.

I shutter to think what Bill will have to pay Mac. But given Mahomes just signed the richest contract again last week and is now at $56/mil per year, I would think Mac comes in somewhere around $30/$35 mil per year.

What I don't understand is how these teams are able to throw that much money and not have money problems....being able to still add other high paid players. Cannot say I have ever seen NE fork out like that....a good thing I suppose if you're not for going into cap hell...

What I don't understand is how these teams are able to throw that much money and not have money problems....being able to still add other high paid players. Cannot say I have ever seen NE fork out like that....a good thing I suppose if you're not for going into cap hell...
They can't/won't be able to.

One thing I read that I left out was the fact that the belief appears to be that if things continue to go south that Payton will likely insinuate they’re tanking without saying it and go that route to save face rather than accepting blame for the team’s poor performance, with Wilson obviously taking the brunt of it. Just an ugly situation out there right now.
They probably should tank at this point. The only way they're improving that team is with draft picks.

Honestly, he isn’t even that bad this year. Their defense is atrocious.

And to think, were it not for the Pats being decimated by injuries in 2013 and 2015 (coupled with a horribly called game in November), that vaunted Manning-era Broncos squad likely wouldn't have ever even made it out of the AFC.
Still pisses me off. That 2015 Pats team would of steam rolled the Broncos, but by the time we got to the AFCCG, team was running on injury-fumes, and all a defense had to really do was swallow up Edelman.

Also, if Aaron Hernandez is a normal human being, the Pats get at least two more rings.
2013 was a ****show. TJ Ward can also **** off to hell with him.

Still pisses me off. That 2015 Pats team would of steam rolled the Broncos, but by the time we got to the AFCCG, team was running on injury-fumes, and all a defense had to really do was swallow up Edelman.

Also, if Aaron Hernandez is a normal human being, the Pats get at least two more rings.
2013 was a ****show. TJ Ward can also **** off to hell with him.
Agreed. It's really close between those 2 years but I'd say that 2013 was probably the most depleted team across the board of the entire Brady era. In addition to Gronk's injuries (yes plural since it took him until Week 7 to come back) and the Hernandez situation that you mentioned, Amendola (the guy who was supposed to replace Welker) was crippled by an injury as soon as Week 1 and then Vereen went down in Week 2 (and then missed 8 weeks), then Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, and Vollmer all ended up on the IR over the span of about a month, and fast forward to January and Talib goes down at the worst possible time.

Last edited:
are we playing these guys this year

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back