PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cleveland Guardians

Why name a team with a pejorative? Makes no sense to me.

But yeah, let's erase history for the sake of some Karens.

It’s funny no one protests and threatens boycotts over the WFT’s decades long history of sexual misconduct and harassment but were willing to go all the way for a name.

Lots of choice names here...

Spiders? thats a new one... kinda cool though... per pbr the indians also played as Cleveland Naps, Cleveland Bronchos and Cleveland Blues / Bluebirds ...

The Spiders were their name for a decade when they were in the National League at the end of the 19th century...Though maybe because of the way their franchise ended, not too many Clevelanders might've been eager to see that name resurrected...

I remember someone saying what if the WFT was called the "Jewskins" and thinking..."actually, that'd be kinda cool...with like a Breslover's profile for a logo, Jewish songs, and hamentaschen for sale in the stands"

Then again, I guess it could get dark...like the whole Nazi thing...then I guess I'd look at them the same way I do an actual historical Nazi club, Schalke...

As a BVB supporter, **** Schalke...

Why name a team with a pejorative? Makes no sense to me.

But yeah, let's erase history for the sake of some Karens.
Actually, I think they should go in the opposite direction and go all out. The Cleveland Towelheads, Cleveland Porch Monkeys, Cleveland Wetbacks, or the Cleveland Zipperheads would all be hilarious names.

Actually, I think they should go in the opposite direction and go all out. The Cleveland Towelheads, Cleveland Porch Monkeys, Cleveland Wetbacks, or the Cleveland Zipperheads would all be hilarious names.

Agreed. I mean the Browns are named so because the city is one big heaping pile of ****

If the football team can be named the Browns, then the baseball team being re-named the Blues, as was suggested by Pape on page 1, makes a lot of sense...as does the Rocks!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back