PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chung basher gets what he deserves, sues over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez - if my friend Bill ever tweeted out some of my texts during a game, I might be in a lot of trouble with a lot of people. :)

Dude shouldn't have been fired over it. People on this board have said far worse about many NFL players, myself included. I disagree with anyone on here who says he got what was coming.

That said, the lawsuit has no merit, although it could very well cost Chung legal fees.

This would come down to an expectation of privacy. Highly doubt it will even go to trial. But it is interesting to know how much privacy you can expect from a text message or email to a non-public friend of group, and if someone can just post it on a very public platform like this. My guess is there is zero legal liability non Chung or his friend. Otherwise the court systems would be flooded with these complaints.
Expectation of Privacy in Text Message Conversations More Stringent in Canada Than the U.S. - Lexology

The contrast between Canada and the U.S. on the issue of expectation of privacy in electronic communications such as text messages and e-mails rests on the issue of control. U.S. courts have taken the stance that individuals lose control over the communication once it has been delivered, while the SCC, in Marakah, determined that this isn’t the case for Canadians.

(Not legal advice- contact your own Perry Mason and pay him/her)

Chung’s social media guy is an agent of Chung . Chung being the principal might be responsible for what he did if the posts were to Chung’s social media account. Chung has to prove the post was outside the scope of the guy’s authority. It’s similar to a delivery truck driver who goes drag racing while on the job and injures someone.

Last edited:
Expectation of Privacy in Text Message Conversations More Stringent in Canada Than the U.S. - Lexology

The contrast between Canada and the U.S. on the issue of expectation of privacy in electronic communications such as text messages and e-mails rests on the issue of control. U.S. courts have taken the stance that individuals lose control over the communication once it has been delivered, while the SCC, in Marakah, determined that this isn’t the case for Canadians.

If you don’t want someone saying you said something, don’t say it. Pretty simple concept.

Who is Chung's beeotch now?

Also, Chung breaking his arm during the Super Bowl was devastating in the moment (and obvious immediately what had happened). But him coming back out almost immediately to support his teammates was legendary. I'm sure it was inspiring to them.

He is part of the core of this era. He's also one of the best redemption stories we've had the past two decades. Nobody thought how much we'd be singing his praises when he came back to the team after his Eagles stint. Most people had huge doubts and considered him a bust.

So, why did the dude think Chung is a *****?

I don't agree that the guy had an expectation of privacy in his text. He sent it to Chung's publicist for cripes sake! Where is that Red Foreman "you don't have bad luck, you are just a dumbass" meme? It's appropriate here.

That's interesting, so either that idiot got himself a pretty bad lawyer or is hoping for some sort of out of court settlement far less than $1m.

Also, Chung breaking his arm during the Super Bowl was devastating in the moment (and obvious immediately what had happened). But him coming back out almost immediately to support his teammates was legendary. I'm sure it was inspiring to them.

He is part of the core of this era. He's also one of the best redemption stories we've had the past two decades. Nobody thought how much we'd be singing his praises when he came back to the team after his Eagles stint. Most people had huge doubts and considered him a bust.

That's because they were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with him as a deep safety in his first stint. That's not what he's good at. Once they figured out how to use him within his limitations as a player and quit asking him to do something he wasn't good at, he improved.

Dude shouldn't have been fired over it. People on this board have said far worse about many NFL players, myself included. I disagree with anyone on here who says he got what was coming.

That said, the lawsuit has no merit, although it could very well cost Chung legal fees.
The difference is that no one here has connection to any organizations. That to me is what got him fired. He was a representative of the Rams, and he’s a little guy. Doesn’t have 6 million in guarantees. :oops:

So the guy is friends with Chung’s social media director and texted him and then Chung’s social media guy posts the text on facebook? I don’t like what he said, but it was a private text and the guy had a reasonable expectation of privacy. If my friends posted something I texted to them on social media, I’d have a problem with it too.

So what part of sending a text to a 'social media guy' makes you think you'd be legitimately entitled to 'have a problem with it' if it ended up on (anti)social media?

So what part of sending a text to a 'social media guy' makes you think you'd be legitimately entitled to 'have a problem with it' if it ended up on (anti)social media?

The guys were friends according to the article you posted. If your friend posted one of your texts to facebook, how would you feel? Especially if you text to him at his private number.

Last edited:
Friend one: Your boi is a *****
Friend two: Oh he is, huh?
Friend one: yup
Friend two: Eff off, my small peckered friend.

That would have been the end of it. But instead, Friend two posted it on social media. doesn't sound like Friend Two is anyone I'd want to be friends with. I text you chit, it's between you and me, otherwise I would post it on social media myself.

If you don’t want someone saying you said something, don’t say it. Pretty simple concept.

Rule #1, don't text chit to anyone you don't want to be used against you later on.

Damn. I was hoping we’d have a round 1 pick in the draft this year.

The guys were friends according to the article you posted. If your friend posted one of your texts to facebook, how would you feel? Especially if you text to him at his private number.

I would hold my friend responsible, not the person with more money.

I would feel that it was my fault for being such a dumbass I did not know my 'friend' better. I sure as hell wouldn't hold someone he worked for responsible for my bad judgement.

I would feel that it was my fault for being such a dumbass I did not know my 'friend' better. I sure as hell wouldn't hold someone he worked for responsible for my bad judgement.

I would agree morally for not holding Chung accountable, but legally he might have a case. And since the guy doesn’t have a job...

Chung’s social media guy is an agent of Chung . Chung being the principal might be responsible for what he did if the posts were to Chung’s social media account. Chung has to prove the post was outside the scope of the guy’s authority. It’s similar to a delivery truck driver who goes drag racing while on the job and injures someone.

HUH??? Chung's guy did nothing wrong. The guy who messaged Chung is the asshat and claims of defamation are laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes