PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chung basher gets what he deserves, sues over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest dill hole of this entire story is Chung's friend, even though a lawsuit seems absurd. But it appears to be two friends - or at least acquaintances - having a little trash talking text exchange which was within one context thought to be private. When I'm watching games, my blood pressure is through the roof and I'm pretty much just angry and an ash0le to be around myself...so making a comment like this isn't really the way I'd think about things level headedly. As a fan you have peak adrenaline and stress and having these thoughts are pretty normal, especially if you're a real fan.

So the guy who posted it on social media is a huge b1tch. I do kind of feel bad for the guy who got fired from his job because he got "ratted out" for something rather silly. We watch sports as entertainment and our IQs shrink by about 80 points when we watch the game. Want proof? Look at the Game Day Threads!!!
I agree that the guy who posted it to social media was not being honorable, but at the same time I have no sympathy for the original poster either. And when we drunkenly rant in the GDTs we aren't wearing a title that represents a franchise.

If you're an executive of a company, EVERYTHING you say you say that gets back to the head office will be viewed in the light of how it reflects on their company. This is not new. The only thing that's new is how easy what you say can get into the media stream and blow back on you. And because it is not new, this is something he should have anticipated, and in failing to anticipate the consequences, the wound is IMHO self-inflicted.

But the phenomenon itself is literally as old as the Bible, with Elisha's servant Gehazi saying something stupid to Naaman that diminished the significance of his miracle healing and earning a curse for his trouble, thousands of years before Twitter was ever invented. This is not new. If you can't watch your tongue, there's just jobs you should not have. And I'd say a public-facing position like ticket executive is probably one of them.

That’s irrelevant. He said something which easily could embarrass the organization.

When someone does something stupid like this and the media picks it up, what do the headlines say? Do the headlines say “Joe Schmoe calls Patrick Chung a *****”...? No. They says “Rams employee calls Patrick Chung a *****.”

There’s probably even a policy in place about doing such things. If a Patriots ticket rep did something similar, I have no doubt he’d be fired in less than a heartbeat.
The key to this story is he said it privately. He didn’t post it online. I mean if I got fired cause I said the chiefs suck privately I would never work again. Just seems excessive to me. Patrick Chung is not a *****. No one thinks he is. Dude was venting inappropriately after a bad lose. Who cares if this guy texted some friend that.

I agree. Apparently...

UT3W.gif
As long as you’re being honest and not trying to hurt someone intentionally

As long as you’re being honest and not trying to hurt someone intentionally

Thanks to today's heightened sensitivities we don't even need to try, just our self accountability believing Cro Magnon selves drawing breath is undoubtedly enough to offend in this (cough) enlightened age

Thanks to today's heightened sensitivities we don't even need to try, just our self accountability believing Cro Magnon selves drawing breath is undoubtedly enough to offend in this (cough) enlightened age
I do not bend to attempts at social engineering. I work for a California based company but I get to work from my home...thank God!

I still believe in “sticks & stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me”. Mainly because it’s true. I’m old school Boston Irish and I’m grateful I was brought up not to take myself or others too seriously.

I’m the only one that can sink my ship.

I think Rams should have fired him, but again the real problem is “leaking” something like this. I mean, the guy who leaked it is the ultimate little b1tch.

But as for the Rams, pretty sure it’s well documented in their emoloyment contract that anything that leads to the embrassment of the franchise is a fireable offense, whatever the context of the comments. The guy who got fired clearly didn’t know his audience (“friend”) as well as he thought. The two of them, IMO, are the problem and not the Rams, or the law.

Of course, if the guy had written an immediate apology saying he was caught up in the moment and meant no offense to Chung, I don’t know if the Rams fire him. I imagine most Pats fans and other NFL fans just brush it off at that point.

Also, what do you think Bill Polish, former Colts employee, has said about the Patriots players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes