Not open for further replies.

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In a text a Rams office staffer called Chung a b!tch after he broke his arm in the SB. The guy that handles Chung's social media called him out on it and he ended up losing his job...so naturally he is suing Chung. Such is the world we live in, smdh

Report: Chung sued over SB trash talk

Chung hurt his feelings too.

Punitive damages.

Only in this screwed up world is it Patrick Chung's fault because you ran your mouth like an imbecile and got fired for it..

Patrick Chung gets sued over a Super Bowl social-media incident

"
a former Rams employee has sued Chung and others for the handling of a text message. After Chung broke his arm during Super Bowl LIII, Matthew Hogan sent this to a friend from college, “Patrick Chung is a *****.”

The friend, Matthew Weymouth, runs Chung’s social-media accounts. Weymouth reacted strongly and profanely, allegedly posting the text exchange on Chung’s social-media pages.

“This is disrespectful of you,” Weymouth added. “I would never wish or say anything like this to anyone after they just broke their arm. You should be ashamed bro.”

Hogan, who worked as a ticket executive with the Rams, claims that he was “forced from his job” after the incident"

To quote the great philosopher Linus (from Peanuts): "I love mankind, it's people I can't stand." Well this Matthew Hogan is one of those people I can't stand. He is suing Chung on the most ridiculous of a basis I can imagine. He worked for the Rams as a ticket account guy and apparently is (was) friends with Chung's social media man. So he sent his friend a text saying "Patrick Chung is a *****" (when Chung left Super Bowl with broken arm). One thing led to another and he got fired. So somehow this is Chung's fault??!?!?

Read the article for yourselves:

Report: Patriots’ Patrick Chung Being Sued Over Super Bowl Social Media Post

Matthew Hogan is a *****.

(EDIT: Others in here started threads while I was typing this so now there are multiple threads. Please merge. Apologies for all the extra posts)

Jokingly lol?

Pretty f...ing stupid a behind the scenes guy needs some attention, an unfortunately we gave him some..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Pretty f...ing stupid a behind the scenes guy needs some attention, an unfortunately we gave him some..

Clown didn't just invite the karma bus to swing by, he laid in the street for it

This would come down to an expectation of privacy. Highly doubt it will even go to trial. But it is interesting to know how much privacy you can expect from a text message or email to a non-public friend or group, and if someone can just post it on a very public platform like this. My guess is there is zero legal liability non Chung or his friend. Otherwise the court systems would be flooded with these complaints.

Last edited:
To quote the great philosopher Linus (from Peanuts): "I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
To quote the great philosopher George Carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Liability? I don’t care.
Still, I hope Chung fired his social media guy for his lack of awareness and poor decision making that placed his employer in the line of fire. At a minimum, Chung will face legal costs in order to extract himself from his employee’s actions.

This would come down to an expectation of privacy. Highly doubt it will even go to trial. But it is interesting to know how much privacy you can expect from a text message or email to a non-public friend of group, and if someone can just post it on a very public platform like this. My guess is there is zero legal liability non Chung or his friend. Otherwise the court systems would be flooded with these complaints.

It would be interesting to know more about this, on whether or not text messages are considered private property. Let's see if the lawyers on this forum can post some takes on it.

I wonder if rules are similar to emails where privacy laws do not apply to any email shared publicly except when accompanied by a notice forbidding transmission to a third party..?

You can sue for anything, that’s. It really a story

If he wins? Now yeah, that’s some stupid ****

This would come down to an expectation of privacy. Highly doubt it will even go to trial. But it is interesting to know how much privacy you can expect from a text message or email to a non-public friend of group, and if someone can just post it on a very public platform like this. My guess is there is zero legal liability non Chung or his friend. Otherwise the court systems would be flooded with these complaints.

This is the first good take on this, imo, and I agree. I can't imagine how many civil suits there would be if someone was able to sue because they faced personal or financial ramifications from a text they sent being shared publicly.

So the guy is friends with Chung’s social media director and texted him and then Chung’s social media guy posts the text on facebook? I don’t like what he said, but it was a private text and the guy had a reasonable expectation of privacy. If my friends posted something I texted to them on social media, I’d have a problem with it too.

To quote the great philosopher George Carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

That's actually incorrect, he should have used "median".

This whole story, from both ends, is ridiculous. Guy talks a little trash (albeit in poor taste), gets said trash talk aired out publicly (ridiculous), gets fired for it (ridiculous), then sues over losing his job because of it (ridiculous). Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. Total waste of time.

these guys are hysterical...

Aside from the Al Pacino and Arnold soundboard prank calls, they are the best. I've had to pull over many times from laughing at them in my car. My favorites are the roofing one or the auto mechanic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back