PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Mortensen passes away at 72

I’ve never understood this strategy. I’ve known good people whom I remember fondly and I remember awful people with the same disdain I had for them while they were with us.

It is all about karma man.... not worth risking it...

Am I allowed to say hitler was a ****? Or is that also frowned upon?

You get a pass for HItler for sure. A few others too who can burn in hell for all I care....

But a guy who just left up a false tweet for months? The same guy who went to Peyton's passing camp every year and broke the news of Peyton to Denver and Peyton's retirement? Yeah, not my favorite media personality/journalist....but to speak ill? Not necessary.

Not a fan. This doesn’t change that. Sorry y’all.

I always liked Mort reporting on football as a kid growing up. Long before the deflate gate stuff, which I don't put too much blame on him. Deflategate was always about solidifying goodells power in the courts and Goodell represents the owners. Goodell pounced on a perfect opportunity. Chris got caught up in that the same way Brady or anyone did. Dude probably got obliterated by crazy New England sports fans. Then he got sick. Honestly I felt bad for him, didn't seem like a bad dude.

I always liked Mort reporting on football as a kid growing up. Long before the deflate gate stuff, which I don't put too much blame on him. Deflategate was always about solidifying goodells power in the courts and Goodell represents the owners. Goodell pounced on a perfect opportunity. Chris got caught up in that the same way Brady or anyone did. Dude probably got obliterated by crazy New England sports fans. Then he got sick. Honestly I felt bad for him, didn't seem like a bad dude.
He went to his grave without his integrity, not the end of the world and since he was Catholic, all is forgiven.

, didn't seem like a bad dude.

Did he ever apologize or retract his story? If so then maybe I'll get on board this love train.

Deflategate wasn't just about sports. It was about people attacking someone's character and livelihood, and twisting basic science in order to do so. I definitely still hold it against people who didn't change their tune when this became clear.

F Goodell and the people who sang his tune in this matter. It was ******** and is still ********.

Edit: my wife explained to my daughter last week that I am slow to forgive when people transgress against people I love. This might be a case in point. :whistle:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back