PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Mortensen passes away at 72

A man used and then never had the courage to admit it but instead played the victim. Hate to see anyone get cancer the way he did. I have lost loved ones to it.

Just chiming in on this, and a quick reminder that while I get he’s obviously not someone who was beloved here in New England, let’s try and keep this relatively respectful during this thread.

No hard feelings, RIP.

Just chiming in on this, and a quick reminder that while I get he’s obviously not someone who was beloved here in New England, let’s try and keep this relatively respectful during this thread.
The real shame is that outside of that isolated moment incident in his career, I was always a big fan of the guy.

He was a staple in the NFL media for years, always looked forward to hearing his scoops.

Na Na Na Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance
Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

What a story that would have been had he reported on how he was used. Opportunity lost. Oh well, RIP.

Cancer sucks and it's terrible that any family has to go through this.

I'm not going to lie, I have a lot less sympathy for what he did during Deflategate than I do for John Tomase's involvement with Spygate. At least Tomase semi-apologized. Mortensen never really did.

Sending T’s and P’s to the family, will just leave it at that.

RIP Mort
prayers for his family,

He is someone's husband and father xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How can you celebrate somebody's death because he got a story wrong 15 years ago about a ****ing game.

Disgusting.
You are better than this,
please dont respond to a classless post with a classless response

Last edited:
You are better than this,
please dont respond to a classless post with a classless response
Sometimes it takes harsh words like that…”someone’s husband and father” I think is important for some to read. It can make a difference in how some respond. But I do get your gist.

Nobody should take what he did during deflate gate personally. As "The Dynasty" pointed out, there were a lot of people that were resented the Pats and looking for anything to take them out. There's a lot of fans that take spectator sports waaaaaay too seriously.

Prior to the rise of the internet, he was the go to source for inside information and I always enjoyed his segments on ESPN.

It's sad when anyone dies - especially to a terrible disease he had to go through. RIP.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back