PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Mortensen passes away at 72

He is someone's husband and father you piece of ****.

How can you celebrate somebody's death because he got a story wrong 15 years ago about a ****ing game.

Disgusting.
go target your white knighting someplace else, Idgaf about mort.

1. Threads like this are incredibly helpful as they illuminate who to immediately block.

2. Condolences to his family. Guy had a terrific career.

3. None of us will REALLY know all the craziness of what happened during the dynasty, and all which surrounded it likely for years….if ever. In the era of “speed to story wins”, I’m not going to indict a man on one story and the fallout from it.

May the good Lord rest him and keep him, and give comfort to those who love and mourn him.

Let's be honest here. If deflategate involved any other team, there would be zero animosity toward him. All of the comments would be classy. But that doesn't really excuse some of the remarks. It's not as if he was a terrible human being who everybody hated.

If poor reporting on the size of a football is a man's biggest crime, he was probably a very good man during his life.

Let's be honest here. If deflategate involved any other team, there would be zero animosity toward him. All of the comments would be classy. But that doesn't really excuse some of the remarks. It's not as if he was a terrible human being who everybody hated.

If poor reporting on the size of a football is a man's biggest crime, he was probably a very good man during his life.

And never speak ill of the dead too...

I watched my mom slowly die of brain cancer for 11 years, from when I was 6 to 17.... pretty much my entire childhood. As painful as a loved one's death is, life with cancer is even harder on everyone involved. I hope he and his family have found peace with his passing.

Sometimes it takes harsh words like that…”someone’s husband and father” I think is important for some to read. It can make a difference in how some respond. But I do get your gist.
my comment was more geared to the "you are a POS" comment, which can only take the convo to the gutter

No hard feelings.

If I'm being honest, I have one or two. That said, this isn't the place for them. Certainly when each of our time comes I think we'd all rather be remembered by our better moments than our worst over the course of a lifetime. (except for Goodell and Tomase, F those two)

Condolences to his friends and family and may he rest in peace.

Last edited:
And never speak ill of the dead too...
I’ve never understood this strategy. I’ve known good people whom I remember fondly and I remember awful people with the same disdain I had for them while they were with us.

He loved his family and they loved him by all appearances. He sucked at his job and denied he did despite the evidence. The two things do not equal.

That is all I see.

The Mort Report was PFT before PFT.

I watched my mom slowly die of brain cancer for 11 years, from when I was 6 to 17.... pretty much my entire childhood. As painful as a loved one's death is, life with cancer is even harder on everyone involved. I hope he and his family have found peace with his passing.
Sorry to hear about your mom. My dad died of an inoperable brain tumor at 72 (same age as Mort) but it was quick. He showed symptoms in July, was told he had 5 months and was gone in December. We got lucky however with my wife and youngest son who are both cancer survivors. They've both been clean for more than a decade.

I can't forgive Mort for his role in furthering the lie but I could never wish that ordeal on anyone or any family. RIP Mort

Not gonna lie, some of the responses in this thread make me sick to my stomach. Just embarrassing and disappointing.
They must have been removed because I only saw one and it was in a response.
That was football and this is real life.

RIP

Very rough way to go

Just chiming in on this, and a quick reminder that while I get he’s obviously not someone who was beloved here in New England, let’s try and keep this relatively respectful during this thread.
11 of 12 posters will conform to this request.
RIP CM.

RIP. Throat cancer is a terrible way to go. Talk to your doctor if you have frequent acid reflux and look into getting an upper GI endoscopy.

Mortensen's "DeflateGate" reporting was sloppy and irresponsible; he (more or less) apologized for it later, but only after the damage was done.

In the end, Mortensen was just a tool of jealous owners (Indy and Baltimore, at least), compromised NFL executives (Goodell, because of his ties to the Jets), who hired a greedy lawyer (Ted Wells) and a research firm (Exponent) that would say whatever it was paid to say and whose stock isn't doing very well these days.

Despite all the distractions of Deflategate and all of the hate it generated, no one, with a basic understanding of Physics, believes that anything but three hours in 40 degree temperatures and a cold rain resulted in the loss of air pressure in the footballs used by the Patriots in the first half of the AFCCG that year and originally inflated in a 72 degree room. TB12's passing stats were even better in the second half of that game, despite being "properly inflated." Tom could have been throwing watermelons that day and still beaten "salty" Andrew Luck and the Dolts.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back