PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celts/Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-YcoCaWAAAddef.jpg

Cooks and Gilmore already good friends.

Can't wait to see those two battle it out in practice every day

The only two teams on that list that aren't well known or historic are the last two.

Villanova and Louisville have muitlpe titles in the last 40 years.

Which is quite impressive considering how many teams like duke and North Carolina over that time have like what? 10?

Those programs may not be duke but they certainly aren't maine or bc.

Villanova and Louisville have muitlpe titles in the last 40 years.

Which is quite impressive considering how many teams like duke and North Carolina over that time have like what? 10?

Those programs may not be duke but they certainly aren't maine or bc.

I long for the days BC had a competitive basketball team.

I'm more of a fan of defensive basketball coupled with the win or go home set-up of March Madness. The NBA playoffs are putrid. Further, March Madness is absolutely unpredictable. The NBA playoffs are anything but. Is there any doubt, ANY doubt, whatsoever that the two teams that will meet in the Finals are the Warriors and the Cavs?
Unless somebody gets hurt.

Wade was relying on the pump fake and jump into the defender all night long. Yeah Pierce use to do it but Wade was solely doing it for his main offense. I have seen it for years in the NBA don't get me wrong but tonights or last nights game was irritating.

Smart played some good D and made some 3 pointers and Avery had a great all around game.

I thought I saw Lopez driving his foot into Crowders crotch while Crowder was on the floor.. Lopez I wanted to smack that guy tonight.. he commits an egregious foul then starts flipping out about the call..lol..

I hope the Celts take them down in 6.
Tonight's the night. This could go a long way toward building the Celtics' confidence.

That sounds really cool.
The Providence Arena was a small venue and security was so much more lax in those days. At the end of games, players stayed on the court for a few minutes and signed autographs. As about an 8 year old, I remember standing next to Wilt Chamberlain and he was wearing these knee socks that most guys wore then. It seemed to me that the top of my head was about even with the top of those socks!

The Providence Arena was a small venue and security was so much more lax in those days. At the end of games, players stayed on the court for a few minutes and signed autographs. As about an 8 year old, I remember standing next to Wilt Chamberlain and he was wearing these knee socks that most guys wore then. It seemed to me that the top of my head was about even with the top of those socks!
th
As phenomenal as Jerry West is, I think Wilt has second place all time to Russ. And, he was a really nice person who died WAY too young.

I was in third grade or something, and I liked basketball of course so I knew something about the game. This kid said to me, "Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a game."

"No way."

"Yeah, he did."

"One hundred points. In one game."

"I'll bet you five bucks, he did."

"You're on."
th

Of course I had to pay up, but nothing diminishes my amazement at the feat, or how Bill was able to succeed against him. Of course, he had help from his Celtics teammates. But for all their bravado, it was usually the Celts' locker room before game 7's that had guys throwing up and sweating and twitching nervously. They weren't stupid; they new they were going up against the best.

The Bulls would have swept us with Rondo.

That said, very happy the Celtics won this series, Brad gets his first playoffs series win, improves his record and Isiah deserved this.

Hopefully they compete in the next round, a season with the #1 seed and eastern conference championship is appearance would be more than I could have ever realistically asked for

The Bulls would have swept us with Rondo.
Please.

Rondo has never been that kind of a difference maker in his life and it sure as hell wasn't going to start with this series. He had his moments and those moments are never sustained.

Celts figured out this dysfuntional and incredibly flawed Bulls team .

Series over.

Please.

Rondo has never been that kind of a difference maker in his life and it sure as hell wasn't going to start with this series. He had his moments and those moments are never sustained.

Celts figured out this dysfuntional and incredibly flawed Bulls team .

Series over.

The Celtics were not going to win 4/5 games with Rondo starting.

It's a great accomplishment (big picture) for the team to get it's first playoff series win with Brad Stevens and I'm extremely happy about but it really tells me little about this teams prospects going forward this year

I'm considering the first series a lucky break warm-up for us to work out our kinks now when the real playoffs begin against the Wizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back