PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cam Newton entrance yesterday

Agree. A lot of dumbas-s here.

But honestly this was ZERO surprise for Cam Newton coming to Boston. Boston has a reputation and it absolutely lived up to it across media and elsewhere. In the year 2020 it still held true how the region would react. Zero excuse-making for having LaCosse and Izzo as your starting TE's. Whatever.

It's also funny, to your point, to see this crap about former-MVP Cam, or poking holes at a MVP Lamar being 'exposed', who still has room to grow. Any other franchise would be thrilled to talk about how much room an already-MVP has 'to grow'.

But it's par for the course for the region. You have awesome visionaries like Red, but at the same time have Sox ownership who were dead-last in a lot of opportunities and situations for players.
What are you implying here? And if I think you're implying what I think you're implying you're dead wrong.

What are you implying here? And if I think you're implying what I think you're implying you're dead wrong.
Yep. He is saying Cam was racially discriminated against while he played in the region. He is also saying BB fielded a bad team because he did not want a black quarterback successful here.

He actually played pretty well. 2 passing tds and a rushing TD. It's better than he played last year.

But he looked good early on with the Patriots too.

Pretty much most of the NFL today right?

That said, loved Cam the man when he was here. Brightened up a dismal time. As someone else said, kudos to him for buying in on the Patriots Way. Happen for him he found his stage.
I cant remember the last time someone scored a touchdown, ran to the middle of the field, put the ball down and did a superman pose since... maybe TO did it something similar when he was on the 49ers.

Cam needs to prove he can be a top tier QB before he starts acting like hes the best thing since sliced bread. Dude straight up acting like a pro wrestling heel.

He actually played pretty well. 2 passing tds and a rushing TD. It's better than he played last year.

But he looked good early on with the Patriots too.

Yeah, combination of better scheme fit, better weapons than last year, and the "new" factor (which amps him up and hasn't given teams a chance to find his flaws in this system yet). He'll be better overall this year with Carolina than he was for us last year, but he's not suddenly solved the issues that led to his fall in 2020.

All of this and they lost to the WFT?

laugh laughing GIF

the stuff I didn't like about cam showed up yesterday.

All the dramatics, all the over the top nonsense, and all the losing. He needs to start saving some of that celebration energy for clutch time, instead of choking away games.

Agree completely. When Cam says “ it’s not about me” he means “ it’s all about me.” He always has to be the center of attention.

We all should be thankful for Cam. If you really want to go the more pragmatic route, simply because if not for him, we wouldnt have the 15th pick of the draft. Earlier? Maybe we get tempted by "Raw Talent" like certain teams. Later? No shot to Mac Jones.

But Im also on the boat who thought that he was, by all accounts, doing his best on a very poor team. Thats commendable by itself. I hope he rebounds and becomes a decent QB again

I thought OT threads about former Patriots QBs weren't allowed.

Standards you should be followed so this thread should get tossed

I thought OT threads about former Patriots QBs weren't allowed.

Standards you should be followed so this thread should get tossed

There's a difference between one thread popping up at the moment a former player starts playing for another team, and what was happening prior to the Brady sub-forum being created. A LARGE difference. And I'm not even saying the sub forum was necessary for me personally (I'm happy to individually ignore threads if I don't care about them), but to equate these two things isn't even remotely justified.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back