PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cam Newton entrance yesterday

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

LOL. All he needed was ripping off the jersey like the Hulkster. He should do this in WWE

Who cares about a Brady rematch I can't wait to see Cam vs Pats in SBLVI :D :D :D :D :D :D

I wish him the best except when he plays us. He was dealt a crap hand last year when it came to offensive weapons and he appeared to do his best. He tied Steve Grogan for most rushing touchdowns as a Pat so that was pretty neat. Good luck to you Cam I'm happy to see you out there again!

the stuff I didn't like about cam showed up yesterday.

All the dramatics, all the over the top nonsense, and all the losing. He needs to start saving some of that celebration energy for clutch time, instead of choking away games.

I didn't really like Cam Newton as a whole before he got here but I am rooting for him now. He may have been awful last year but by all accounts he was a great guy in the locker room and made the best out of a bad situation.

All the dramatics, all the over the top nonsense, and all the losing. He needs to start saving some of that celebration energy for clutch time, instead of choking away games.
Yea I have no use for that self-promotional BS.

I give Cam credit for keep that under wraps here.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Cam will only get "homecoming savior" treatment for a game or two if they don't win something.

Carolina seems happy to have him back.

Very happy for Cam. Sad that Cam Newton in Boston didn't work, as I predicted...

But he was a good stopgap last year with crappy teammates in LaCosse, Izzo, NKeal, Michel, 25M in dead cap and key covid opt-outs, and still went 7-9

Yea I have no use for that self-promotional BS.

I give Cam credit for keep that under wraps here.

Or, could be interpreted as just joyful enthusiasm.

He should just finish his playing career in Carolina. He was meant for them and the team for him.

Still don’t really understand the move to bring him back here this year but it’s all good.

Is he the most overhyped qb over a 10 yr period?

Can't call someone "overhyped" if they actually win NFL MVP and make it to the Superbowl.

Overhyped would be ............. Tony Romo or Philip Rivers or Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford or something. Guys that achieved neither.

Pretty much most of the NFL today right?

That said, loved Cam the man when he was here. Brightened up a dismal time. As someone else said, kudos to him for buying in on the Patriots Way. Happen for him he found his stage.

Agree. A lot of dumbas-s here.

But honestly this was ZERO surprise for Cam Newton coming to Boston. Boston has a reputation and it absolutely lived up to it across media and elsewhere. In the year 2020 it still held true how the region would react. Zero excuse-making for having LaCosse and Izzo as your starting TE's. Whatever.

It's also funny, to your point, to see this crap about former-MVP Cam, or poking holes at a MVP Lamar being 'exposed', who still has room to grow. Any other franchise would be thrilled to talk about how much room an already-MVP has 'to grow'.

But it's par for the course for the region. You have awesome visionaries like Red, but at the same time have Sox ownership who were dead-last in a lot of opportunities and situations for players.
How many winning seasons did he have? BTW... McDaniels is MVP

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back