PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Lightning Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missed calls hurt.
But we had our chances. Coming back from 3-1 will be exhausting.

If I'm Cassidy I start Anton Khudobin ...
The only thing that saves us is a goalie standing on his head ... maybe he can ... Rask hasn't.
He has been playing well ... but we need a Tim Thomas effort right about now.
Chara and Krejci are looking very old out there ... we're screwed.

If I'm Cassidy I start Anton Khudobin ...
The only thing that saves us is a goalie standing on his head ... maybe he can ... Rask hasn't.
He has been playing well ... but we need a Tim Thomas effort right about now.
Chara and Krejci are looking very old out there ... we're screwed.
Part of me agrees with you and then part of me thinks that they played well enough to win last night and are one win away on Sun afternoon from forcing a game six back in Boston.

Tear it all down or continue trying to plug away? That’s a tough call. Rask hasn’t been great but I don’t think he’s necessarily played poorly, either. Those giveaways have been the main culprit, as well as a lack of scoring from anyone not playing on the top line.

Those squads were stacked. Pretty much an NHL all star lineup once they added the Russian national hockey team to their squad.
We'll never see bloody rivalry such as the mid/late 90s early 2000s Avalanche /Red Wings ever again.

After 4 games, it's clear Tampa is the superior skating team and Boston has reverted into the "dump n grind" team of yesteryear in an attempt to neutralize Tampa's speed advantage.
The result: Boston spends half the game digging in the corners, rarely creating scoring opportunities
Boston did abandon this strategy for a time last night and netted 3 goals, but the team lost its legs and Tampa's speed took over again.
Chara has been an enigma. Big Z certainly has a presence out there...but...its clear his D partner has instructions to cover for Chara's lack of skating ability....And Chara no longer can get the puck out of the zone. His turnover rate is glaring. Same goes for the other defensemen. Team strategy in their own zone....keep the puck on the boards or in the corners...don't put the puck in space where Tampa's speed can lead to opportunities.

I love the Rat...but the league needs to terminate his face licking antics. I'm embarrassed that he wears the B sometimes. Unsportsmanlike...2 minutes....play hockey.

Last edited:
The Bruinshave gotten the worst end of the calls but the Lightning have outplayed them in this series. The bottom line for me is that Tampa Bay has more talent and depth. This Bruins team has a ton of character but they are too young right now to beat a team as good as Tampa is. I’m still hoping they can make a series of it and push Tampa to the limit, but it’s hard seeing them get out of this round. I’m not a Tuuka basher but I would seriously consider going with Khudobin as well. It sends the message that good isn’t good enough at this time of the year. If Rask can’t handle that then look at moving him in the offseason. It’s a risky move but I’m just not sure he will raise his game when it’s needed most, and caution doesn’t win championships.

Hopefully we’ll never see another Claude lemieux in the league
A despicable hockey player. Right up there with Bill Laimbeer for most cowardly, cheap, pathetic professional athletes in sports history.

However his 4 Cups and Conn Smythe did not come by accident.

Bruins need him right now.

The Bruinshave gotten the worst end of the calls but the Lightning have outplayed them in this series. The bottom line for me is that Tampa Bay has more talent and depth. This Bruins team has a ton of character but they are too young right now to beat a team as good as Tampa is. I’m still hoping they can make a series of it and push Tampa to the limit, but it’s hard seeing them get out of this round. I’m not a Tuuka basher but I would seriously consider going with Khudobin as well. It sends the message that good isn’t good enough at this time of the year. If Rask can’t handle that then look at moving him in the offseason. It’s a risky move but I’m just not sure he will raise his game when it’s needed most, and caution doesn’t win championships.
Agree.

I've been defending Tukka all year but im done. Bruins aren't TCBing in their own end but there have been way too many lapses in his concentration and passiveness for my liking.

I'm a firm believer in your goalie's attitude and confidence is what inspires the overall team's confidence. Right now it is shaken.

Time for a change.

Those squads were stacked. Pretty much an NHL all star lineup once they added the Russian national hockey team to their squad.

That team played like a well oiled machine, the very best that money could buy.

Hopefully we’ll never see another Claude lemieux in the league

Bad news, there is one. You've been watching him for years

Yea he really is....

I have never seen Marchand turtle. Lemieux was a coward, a talented coward but a coward nonetheless. Marchand is every bit the over the top instigator that Lemieux was and sometimes he is close to being as dirty but he doesn't run and hide. I think of Marchand as being more akin to Kenny Linesman but with much better hands. There's more of Theo Fleury in Marchy than there is Turtle Boy. Come to think of it, Marchand is this generations Fleury.

Marchand should be suspended for his hit last night. He’s a great player but that sh.t is disgusting.

Chara has been an enigma. Big Z certainly has a presence out there...but...its clear his D partner has instructions to cover for Chara's lack of skating ability....And Chara no longer can get the puck out of the zone. His turnover rate is glaring. Same goes for the other defensemen. Team strategy in their own zone....keep the puck on the boards or in the corners...don't put the puck in space where Tampa's speed can lead to opportunities.

Chara is still an integral part of the defensive core and a great veteran mentor but his TOI has taken a serious toll. Cassidy had managed it pretty well before Carlo's injury but it spiked after it. You make an excellent point of how much is expected of his partner. Chara benefited almost as much from playing with McEvoy as Chuckie did from playing with Z. Before McAvoy's knee injury they were a textbook example of a successful symbiotic pairing. He was the right partner as opposed to the disastrous pairing of Krug & Chara that looked so good on paper.

I have never seen Marchand turtle. Lemieux was a coward, a talented coward but a coward nonetheless. Marchand is every bit the over the top instigator that Lemieux was and sometimes he is close to being as dirty but he doesn't run and hide. I think of Marchand as being more akin to Kenny Linesman but with much better hands. There's more of Theo Fleury in Marchy than there is Turtle Boy. Come to think of it, Marchand is this generations Fleury.

Well, in reality there isn’t too many people that would stand toe to toe with McCarty. It’s either turtle or accept the beating.

I’d say with the amount of times Marchand has gone after players legs he’s the nhl version of Grayson Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back