PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Lightning Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in reality there isn’t too many people that would stand toe to toe with McCarty. It’s either turtle or accept the beating.

McCarty was only Claude the Fraud's most infamous turtle, lol. Although it certainly deserves to be #1 on the list given how richly he had earned his beating for that assault on Draper. Being a B's fan I tend to think of his antics with Neely.

I have never seen Marchand turtle. Lemieux was a coward, a talented coward but a coward nonetheless. Marchand is every bit the over the top instigator that Lemieux was and sometimes he is close to being as dirty but he doesn't run and hide. I think of Marchand as being more akin to Kenny Linesman but with much better hands. There's more of Theo Fleury in Marchy than there is Turtle Boy. Come to think of it, Marchand is this generations Fleury.

Fleury was an alcoholic substance abuser stemming from severe trauma as a child (he was serially sexually abused by a hockey coach). I actually played against him in Europe. Marchand has more in common with Theo as a player but not as an instigator. I do think he's not dissimilar to Claude, though you're right that he doesn't turtle.

Fleury was an alcoholic substance abuser stemming from severe trauma as a child (he was serially sexually abused by a hockey coach). I actually played against him in Europe. Marchand has more in common with Theo as a player but not as an instigator. I do think he's not dissimilar to Claude, though you're right that he doesn't turtle.

I don’t think you can compare the two in terms of playoffs. Lemieux was just clutch in big games.

Marchand has more in common with Theo as a player but not as an instigator. I do think he's not dissimilar to Claude, though you're right that he doesn't turtle.

Fleury could antagonize with some of the best of them. The Punchup in Piestany for instance

As expected, both with the injury and Holden getting the nod.

Part of me agrees with you and then part of me thinks that they played well enough to win last night and are one win away on Sun afternoon from forcing a game six back in Boston.

Tear it all down or continue trying to plug away? That’s a tough call. Rask hasn’t been great but I don’t think he’s necessarily played poorly, either. Those giveaways have been the main culprit, as well as a lack of scoring from anyone not playing on the top line.
Don't need a tear down ... definitely need a few new blue liners.

Penguins getting those power play goals with the officials. Amazing the difference in calls in both series.
My personal belief is that Marchand has officially joined the refs sh*t list and its affecting their bias, unfortunately for the other bruins. I love Marchand but he needs to cut the sh*t if they're going to have a chance.

My personal belief is that Marchand has officially joined the refs sh*t list and its affecting their bias, unfortunately for the other bruins. I love Marchand but he needs to cut the sh*t if they're going to have a chance.

Marchand is obviously on the **** list but there's literally nothing he could do short of going Pat Tillman that would make the refs like him so he might as well keep licking dudes and making us all happy.

Marchand is obviously on the **** list but there's literally nothing he could do short of going Pat Tillman that would make the refs like him so he might as well keep licking dudes and making us all happy.
That's not my point, my point is his antics are creating a natural bias in favor of the lightning, the refs are only human, JMO.

It doesn’t matter.....watched the Vegas/Sharks game after and neither of these teams stands a chance against those teams

It doesn’t matter.....watched the Vegas/Sharks game after and neither of these teams stands a chance against those teams

Vegas is absurd because they somehow created the Golden State Warriors out of an expansion draft. Honestly just shows the way the teams undervalue younger guys.

Marchand should go next level and call out all these critics of his licking antics as being homophobic.
I think that is exactly what he is trying to do.

No question he's a pest and an irritating menace but he's not stupid.

Just read his comments...

"Well, he punched me four times in the face, so, you know, he just kept getting close," Marchand said regarding the incident. "I thought he wanted to cuddle. I just wanted to get close to him," Marchand said after the Komarov incident. "He keeps trying to get close to me. I don't know if he's got a thing for me or what. He's cute."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back