PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos DC Wade Phillips officially joining the Rams, McCoy joins the Broncos as OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
lol @ the BroncLOLs. They're done.

I think it's safe to say we won't have to worry about the Broncos in 2017.

Nonsensical. Wade and his defense were pretty much the only thing Denver had going for itself. Making this shakeup is a giant head scratcher. All they really needed was a QB and a few other fixes and they'd be right back in it next year...now? We shall see. I'm happy to hear this news.

Mike McCoy joining the Broncos as new OC.

Overall still a net loss for the Broncos I'd say. McCoy is decent as OC but Wade Phillips was instrumental to that Denver defense.

I think it's safe to say we won't have to worry about the Broncos in 2017.

I thought this after Peyton's performance against the Colts in the playoffs of 2015

I need to see them miss the playoffs two years in a row before I can finally dismiss them, they still have so much talent on that defense.

Mike McCoy joining the Broncos as new OC.

Overall still a net loss for the Broncos I'd say. McCoy is decent as OC but Wade Phillips was instrumental to that Denver defense.

I have no idea why people are impressed with McCoy.
His first OC job in Denver, his offenses ranked 20,19,25 in scoring and then #2, when Payton became the OC and brought in his own offense.
Then he goes to SD, with a team that has been pretty loaded on the offensive side of the ball, and ranks 12,17,26,9 in scoring. His average rank in turnovers is 17, and this year was dead last while Rivers threw 21 picks.

I don't see anything really positive on his resume other than holding the clipboard for Manning in 2012.

I'm not so sure. If Ware and his chronic bad back comes back, their defensive cap costs are still going to be VERY high for a defense that will probably be good, but on the downside. How much longer will Talib hold it together before he finally explodes, and they still have issues on the DL. And of course the entire offense is on huge question mark wit huge questions about the OL, QB, RB, and TE.

I have said quite often that BUILDING a winning team is much easier than maintaining it. THAT is BB's genius, and why Parcells will never hold a candle to him. Parcells could never maintain ****. Now it's Elway's chance to show what he has about maintaining excellence

Very good move for the Rams.

Broncos are idiotic. Wade Phillips is arguably the best DC in the league

They could have kept Phillips, even at a premium D.C. price, then brought KShanahan who was OC for a great Falcons offense at a lower salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back