PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Browner getting cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny... but in truth I bet somebody picks him up. A lot of teams are worse off than New England and Seattle.

Anything's possible, but New Orleans was worse off than N.E. and Seattle, too.

Well that never happened. Only person who got replaced was Arrington by Butler

You are correct...but in terms of matchups, Ryan was on Matthews for a lot of the first half...remember him getting abused on that TD pass right before the half ended? Pure height mismatch. Then Browner switched onto Matthews and we barely heard from him for the rest of the game.

I'll always have that Championship Memory of him Blowin up that play for Butler to Int game clinching SB Win. That overshadows any knuckle/bone head penalties he made. It was pretty cool seeing him with DBs, his big, physical presence for a season.

I've always wondered how he would be at safety.

He's a walking yellow flag.
I remember one game he played for us the commentator was quoting I believe Pete Carroll saying Browner knew how to play the game meaning he knew how to hold and such without getting flagged. What has Petey been watching? Sounded like he was describing Beavis.

Pete Carroll: 'Many scenarios' where Brandon Browner could return

Brandon thinking...

60642523.jpg

and then jammed Kearse so Butler could make the pick. He's a hero in my eyes.

That ^
If he's not on the field the last defensive play of the Super Bowl that's likely a touchdown.

He's a safety at this point in his career. Could be a good enforcer for a year or 2.

Might be a good fit with the Argonauts.

Hey, I appreciated what he did here in 2014, and I'm not as hard on his time here as some...but...well...the bell tolls Brandon.

Besides, we've moved on from Brandons to Malcolms anyway.

Browner as much as Butler, won us that super bowl. Greatest defensive play in SB history. That guy gets nothing but love. Can you imagine losing to another freak catch? I might not still be here.

Browner as much as Butler, won us that super bowl. Greatest defensive play in SB history. That guy gets nothing but love. Can you imagine losing to another freak catch? I might not still be here.

me neither.

After following his career in NOLA there is no way I want him back on this team, it worked really well when he played across from Revis... but our D backfield has gotten so much better and deeper there is no need.

He was the worst defensive player I've ever seen last year

Every throw to his side was either a 1st down by completion or flag

I agree, our D backfield had gotten deep and talented.. compare to the Earthland Moreland days or "Hey Troy can you play some Defense" days....

No question.

The 2014 secondary still has a bit of an edge but that could all change by November.

2014 Revis> 2016 Macolm (but trending the other way. The may wind up being even this year)
2016 Ryan > 2014 Browner
2014 Arrington > 2016 Cyrus? (we don't know yet but Cyrus has tons more upside)
2014 Ryan > 2016 Coleman?
2014 Malcolm > 2016 Jonathan Jones?/Roberts???

DMC, Chung are even. I think 2016 Harmon is better than 2014 Harmon

No question.

The 2014 secondary still has a bit of an edge but that could all change by November.

2014 Revis> 2016 Macolm (but trending the other way. The may wind up being even this year)
2016 Ryan > 2014 Browner
2014 Arrington > 2016 Cyrus? (we don't know yet but Cyrus has tons more upside)
2014 Ryan > 2016 Coleman?
2014 Malcolm > 2016 Jonathan Jones?/Roberts???

DMC, Chung are even. I think 2016 Harmon is better than 2014 Harmon

One of the things the Pats benefit from is consistent coaching.. most teams do not benefit from a consistent defensive philosophy, which may change dependent on the talent.. but players know their role and how to execute.

So I take it people here would rather the useless Jordon Richards @ Safety instead of Browner?? I hope BB seriously think about parting ways with that atrocious 2nd Round Reach. Jordan Richards = Tavon Wilson 2.0.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News