PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Big Ben to Retire

Retirement keeps flirting with Ben and Ben keeps telling it no. But retirement doesn't take no for an answer and keeps pressing onto Ben. Ben says NO again louder and more forcefully but it's no use. Retirement won't take no for an answer.
Yeah Ben tried getting retirement drunk and fugg it up the azz but Time jumped in and they both bent Ben over the bar and gave him the old Pittsburgh Yinzer salute.

I have a feeling Aaron Rodgers will end up in Denver or Pittsburgh??

Wrong

Tomlin is a very lax HC and let the inmates run the asylum. Furthermore, Tomlin picked Coordinators that were volatile like Todd Haley. The losing lies squarely at Tomlins feet, but you can make up excuses as why Tomlin did not have his teams ready in the post season.
The results are 100% consistent with the talent and play of Roethlisberger.
As usual, I dismiss your uninformed opinions, because they are obtuse.

Wrong

Tomlin is a very lax HC and let the inmates run the asylum. Furthermore, Tomlin picked Coordinators that were volatile like Todd Haley. The losing lies squarely at Tomlins feet, but you can make up excuses as why Tomlin did not have his teams ready in the post season.
To be fair if you are going to blame Tomlin you need to blame ownership first. They like HCs like him and Cowher who are more 'rah rah leadership guys' than X and O guys. As far as letting the inmates run the asylum, that is par for the course in the NFL on most teams. Very few teams have strong HC leadership. Personally I don't think Tomlin is a bad coach, just not a good one. And if you want to give him blame for the Coordinators and other coaches under him, you also need to give him credit for the draft picks they made. Either he is just there are a figurehead with no weight, or he is a HC who exerts a certain amount of influence throughout the organization, even if the GM has the final say. He can't be wholly responsible for the one and in no way responsible for the other, as that just isn't how it works in football. Division of jobs matter, but either you give your HC some leeway to have power in the organization or he don't.

Last edited:
Wrong

Tomlin is a very lax HC and let the inmates run the asylum.

The best was when all the Steelers fans around me were saying that after getting rid of ab and leveon they got rid of all the headcases. 3 years later they are still a team full of annoying idiots. There is a defenite cultural problem over there and even ryan clark / stephen a who are massive steeler guys are fed up with the team right now.

Because of the existence of Aaron R, Ben is only the second most dramatic current player in the league.
The Super Bowl they played against each other must be the most dramatic of all time, then.

Can’t stand the guy. I’d love to see him flounder for a few more years.

Fat Ben has been inconsequential for some time now and unlikable longer than that. If he shows up in broadcast media after he's done playing I'm gonna puke.

The best was when all the Steelers fans around me were saying that after getting rid of ab and leveon they got rid of all the headcases. 3 years later they are still a team full of annoying idiots. There is a defenite cultural problem over there and even ryan clark / stephen a who are massive steeler guys are fed up with the team right now.
Exactly right.

The Steelers have a toxic cultural environment allowed to exist because of Tomlin. Ive been to 3 consecutive NE vs Pittsburgh road games and the city and fans have lost their patience with Tomlin. After every disappointing season, there are rumors that Tomlins job is on thin ice until the Rooneys affirm that there will be no change.

Even goofy Terry Bradshaw refers to Tomlin as a Glorified Cheerleader.

Technically, the reports are that this is Ben's "last year in Pittsburgh".

Everyone is just assuming that this means that he will retire, because he is fat, old, and can't play anymore.......

I'm hoping that the Jets sign him to a long term deal.

The results are 100% consistent with the talent and play of Roethlisberger.
As usual, I dismiss your uninformed opinions, because they are obtuse.
I do not expect a Maroney lover to have a grasp on reality.

Ben did not allow the Jaguars to hang 45 points on the Steelers. Ben passed for 469 yards and 5 TDs.

Pittsburgh beat KC in the 2016 Divisional round heading for the AFC Championship vs NE. Tomlin had tough talk for his upcoming opponent in his KC win post game comments how "the Steelers had something for the Patriots axx" Unbeknownst to clueless Tomlin, his macho man speech was being recorded by a Steeler player who posted the video online. Ben did not allow a Steeler player to record and post online

Can anyone who isnt delusional imagine that ever happening on a Bill Belichick team?

In 2013 Ryan Clark called out the Patriots prior to their regular season game. The Steelers lost and Ryan Clark got torched. In 2015 Joey Porter was a Steelers coach and went out midfield during a post season game vs the Bengals and started a fight. These are just a few of the examples that come to mind regarding Tomlins lack of discipline without doing a google search.

I noticed that you were in hiding after Cam had a great game 2 weeks ago, but suddenly reappeared after Cams bad game last week. BTW, New Orleans screwed themselves again passing on Cam for Simean. Trevor Simean has started 4 games and lost 4 games. I knew that the Saints just ruined any hope of salvaging this season after you thought Simean was a good move.

Like it or not Ben is a HOFer.

Technically, the reports are that this is Ben's "last year in Pittsburgh".

Everyone is just assuming that this means that he will retire, because he is fat, old, and can't play anymore.......

I'm hoping that the Jets sign him to a long term deal.

Neil O'Donnell redux?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back