PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Big Ben to Retire

I won't actually believe it until 2 years after he's literally out of the league. You just KNOW that if the Steelers can't find a decent replacement the pressure will be on Ben to come back. epecially in a town like Pittsburgh that is so painfully in love with the past

I do not expect a Maroney lover to have a grasp on reality.

Ben did not allow the Jaguars to hang 45 points on the Steelers. Ben passed for 469 yards and 5 TDs.

Pittsburgh beat KC in the 2016 Divisional round heading for the AFC Championship vs NE. Tomlin had tough talk for his upcoming opponent in his KC win post game comments how "the Steelers had something for the Patriots axx" Unbeknownst to clueless Tomlin, his macho man speech was being recorded by a Steeler player who posted the video online. Ben did not allow a Steeler player to record and post online

Can anyone who isnt delusional imagine that ever happening on a Bill Belichick team?

In 2013 Ryan Clark called out the Patriots prior to their regular season game. The Steelers lost and Ryan Clark got torched. In 2015 Joey Porter was a Steelers coach and went out midfield during a post season game vs the Bengals and started a fight. These are just a few of the examples that come to mind regarding Tomlins lack of discipline without doing a google search.

I noticed that you were in hiding after Cam had a great game 2 weeks ago, but suddenly reappeared after Cams bad game last week. BTW, New Orleans screwed themselves again passing on Cam for Simean. Trevor Simean has started 4 games and lost 4 games. I knew that the Saints just ruined any hope of salvaging this season after you thought Simean was a good move.
Yup bring up the Maroney lie because you have no argument. Your go to.
None of those things say Roethlisberger was good enough to win championships in those years, he wouldn’t have. Because him.
As far as Newton, lol. You do love losers.

Exactly right.

The Steelers have a toxic cultural environment allowed to exist because of Tomlin. Ive been to 3 consecutive NE vs Pittsburgh road games and the city and fans have lost their patience with Tomlin. After every disappointing season, there are rumors that Tomlins job is on thin ice until the Rooneys affirm that there will be no change.

Even goofy Terry Bradshaw refers to Tomlin as a Glorified Cheerleader.

fortunately there’s virtually no chance they will fire tomlin, if he leaves itll be on his own terms and that aint happening. The Steelers have been in a mediocrity purgatory since 2011. Their talent wins just enough for them to lull them into a false sense of security. The results speak for themselves- 3 playoff wins in 10+ years and one afcc appearance where they got waxed.

the smart thing for them wouldve been to go into rebuild mode in 2019 but they wanted to milk the ben years when in actuality they weren’t winning anything with him. Maybe tomlin wanted to extend his useless 8 win streak at all cost. They then traded what would’ve been a high first rounder for a safety in an obvious wasted year after ben went down for the year to stay mediocre at best. All that did waste 3 years now where they could have been setting up for the future and have to start from square one now. As good as theyve drafted over the years they truly botched bens succession plan.

He should never have been “a slam dunk” for the Hall of Fame. Top 10 in yards, TDs, etc? Who cares? He’s arguably not a top 5 QB of his era, has made the pro bowl 6 times in 18 seasons, and was never an MVP candidate or all pro. He’s good, but he was at least an entire class below Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc. After Polmalu left a decade ago, he’s proven he isn’t good enough to carry a team, and some of his teams have still been pretty darn good.

He should never have been “a slam dunk” for the Hall of Fame. Top 10 in yards, TDs, etc? Who cares? He’s arguably not a top 5 QB of his era, has made the pro bowl 6 times in 18 seasons, and was never an MVP candidate or all pro. He’s good, but he was at least an entire class below Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc. After Polmalu left a decade ago, he’s proven he isn’t good enough to carry a team, and some of his teams have still been pretty darn good.
He is another Jerome Bettis, has enough stats from being around a long time, and plays for the right team that gets glorified for no reason. Oddly enough I am more ok with the bus being in because RBs get so beat up it is a little impressive he stuck around as many years as he did. In Ben’s case the tipping point is he is a QB and right or wrong they get judged on Rings and he has two. Despite posting the WORST game ever in a SB that was won more by the refs then the teams on the field. So I agree it’s the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of very good, and in a perfect world none of the 2004 first round QBs should get in but I wouldn’t be surprised if all 3 do get in.

Yup bring up the Maroney lie because you have no argument. Your go to.
None of those things say Roethlisberger was good enough to win championships in those years, he wouldn’t have. Because him.
As far as Newton, lol. You do love losers.
Simean didnt lose yesterday.

He sat on the bench.

About ten years ago, I said that Brady would outlast Roethlisberger in the NFL. Granted I figured Brady would play to 40 and Roethlisberger would be done in his mid 30s.

In fairness to Ben, he was never as bad as Favre was with him making the Packers' brass fly down to his farm in Kilne, MS and beg him to come back while ESPN was camped out at his front gate.

I won't actually believe it until 2 years after he's literally out of the league. You just KNOW that if the Steelers can't find a decent replacement the pressure will be on Ben to come back. epecially in a town like Pittsburgh that is so painfully in love with the past
In 2 years, it’ll be, We need you, Behemoth Ben!

Unfortunately, he will be so large, they’ll need Richard Simmons’ Fatty Winch to get him out of the house and on a flatbed to get him to practice.

Huh... Oh well, he had a smashing career...

Bp1Zi2L.jpg

Crazy he was driving a motorcycle (without a helmet!) while actively in the league as a QB.

Him being a huge, NFL athlete is the only reason he survived that crash, most normal humans would have probably died

Retirement keeps flirting with Ben and Ben keeps telling it no. But retirement doesn't take no for an answer and keeps pressing onto Ben. Ben says NO again louder and more forcefully but it's no use. Retirement won't take no for an answer.

i love a good non-consensual retirement

Simean didnt lose yesterday.

He sat on the bench.
You are the one who thinks Simian has anything to do with your bizarre take on the Steelers. See how that works? When your argument stinks, you deflect.

You are the one who thinks Simian has anything to do with your bizarre take on the Steelers. See how that works? When your argument stinks, you deflect.
No, your blaming Ben for all the Steelers post season losing is just more of your nonsense.

Like your take that Simean was a better choice than Cam. Simean went 0 - 4. Like your half baked take that Maroney was a # 1 NFL RB when he rarely started.

Wrong 6 should be your screename.

No, your blaming Ben for all the Steelers post season losing is just more of your nonsense.

Like your take that Simean was a better choice than Cam. Simean went 0 - 4. Like your half baked take that Maroney was a # 1 NFL RB when he rarely started.

Wrong 6 should be your screename.
I’m saying the results are what he deserves. You are arguing that despite having the #2 defense in the NFL over the course of his career that it’s someone else’s fault.
The Saints take was that Simian was better just like every other team except Carolina who clearly was wrong.
Your need to make up a lie that is now over 10 years old, prices you got nothing.

This slipped through the mainstream media cracks after the announcement of the deal.

This contract was a way to pay him all of his guaranteed money, but to spread it out over a few years and have more flexibility in 2021. It appears to have always been an exit strategy.

Meanwhile I wouldn’t discount him playing for another team.

In Tomlins 2nd season as Pittsburgh HC, he won the Super Bowl in 2008 by avoiding Tom Brady and the Patriots like they did in 2005 and later losing the Super Bowl in 2010.
Fixed it for you.
2007 - Lost the Wildcard
2008 - Won the Superbowl - If you recall, it was the game where they screwed Mike Holgrem the Seahawks coach.
2009 - Missed the post season
2010 - Lost the Super Bowl
2011 - Lost the Wildcard
2012 - Missed the post season
2013 - Missed the post season
2014 - Lost the Wildcard
2015 - Lost the Division
2016 - Lost the Conference
2017 - Lost the Division - 13 and 3 with homefield and the Jaguars showed up and throttled Pittsburgh.
2018 - Missed the post season
2019 - Missed the post season
2020 - Lost the Wildcard
That’s a lot of blunders.

If he retires, he would have the most yards for a QB who spent his entire career with one team. He'll probably end #5 overall.

1638823363313.png

He can't throw AND catch the ball!!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3